What's the Jax State line?

Yea we rushed for over 500 yards against lowly Tennessee but now that we're facing a real defense we'll need a more balanced attack...

Jacksonville is not a state
JSU fans are kind of overlooking Tech. Warning: According to these fans, Tech may be planning to pass more to fool all their game preparations. Clever!

Serious question... With the success our program has had the last few years, and with the quality of FBS transfers we have been able to attract, why would we not think we could compete? I don't know about overlooking you guys, but I think we have a fair shot. That said, I was, as much of our fan base was, very impressed with Tech's performance Monday night. I root for and follow Tech normally, as I live in the Atlanta area, but I think we'll hang for a bit. You'd have to admit that 99% of Tech's fan base had no idea Marshall was this good...?

Serious question... With the success our program has had the last few years, and with the quality of FBS transfers we have been able to attract, why would we not think we could compete? I don't know about overlooking you guys, but I think we have a fair shot. That said, I was, as much of our fan base was, very impressed with Tech's performance Monday night. I root for and follow Tech normally, as I live in the Atlanta area, but I think we'll hang for a bit. You'd have to admit that 99% of Tech's fan base had no idea Marshall was this good...?
Fair thoughts... but in my limited experience the best FCS teams can 'play with' — i.e., have a puncher's chance — the mediocre FBS teams. If we're better than mediocre, it shouldn't be close come the start of the fourth quarter.

I definitely thing Jacksonville State has a shot, especially with two weeks prep versus three days. Post-practice today Coach Johnson said we'll have 2 hours and 30 minutes total practice for this game. I don't see your D keeping us under 30 points though, so hope y'all can score. We have too much experience and strength blocking on offense. And Coach Johnson isn't overlooking JSU, he said he spent time on y'all in fall camp.

Scholarship limit.

I'm not one of "you guys." I'm the lowly Georgia fan, just trying to stir something up out of sheer meanness. But if you want my opinion, I'm impressed with JSU, actually. Took Auburn to OT, beat Ole Miss a little while back. I even watched a little film of Saturday's game. You're getting GT under the best conditions, five days of rest, no practice in pads this week, a bit beat up--UT was a war. GT won't have a lot of zip but better be ready for this one. I think it might be interesting for a bit, but I'm curious whether you guys have faced a true triple option attack in the last year or two (not a common spread, but the Johnson offense). It's impossible to really prepare for, no matter who you are, and particularly if you don't have a lot of defensive depth. In the second half, at latest, I'd expect Tech to take over as JSU wears out. As some on your board have figured out, the obvious solution is a scoring match. Problem there is Tech will have the ball for a long, long time meaning you need 7 every time you get it. But you do need to tell the guy on your board Tech isn't going to start passing all over the place for the purpose of fooling Jackson State. It doesn't work like that.

Scholarship limit.
Most people who follow FCS and FBS may not realize the huge difference in 23 scholarships. It's a big difference, as to why I mentioned hanging around for a bit. At some point depth kicks in. An ESPN announcer said in 2015 and last week that our defense is a championship defense, of course for FCS, so we shall see how we stack up against you guys. It will be interesting from sure.

I'm not one of "you guys." I'm the lowly Georgia fan, just trying to stir something up out of sheer meanness. But if you want my opinion, I'm impressed with JSU, actually. Took Auburn to OT, beat Ole Miss a little while back. I even watched a little film of Saturday's game. You're getting GT under the best conditions, five days of rest, no practice in pads this week, a bit beat up--UT was a war. GT won't have a lot of zip but better be ready for this one. I think it might be interesting for a bit, but I'm curious whether you guys have faced a true triple option attack in the last year or two (not a common spread, but the Johnson offense). It's impossible to really prepare for, no matter who you are, and particularly if you don't have a lot of defensive depth. In the second half, at latest, I'd expect Tech to take over as JSU wears out. As some on your board have figured out, the obvious solution is a scoring match. Problem there is Tech will have the ball for a long, long time meaning you need 7 every time you get it. But you do need to tell the guy on your board Tech isn't going to start passing all over the place for the purpose of fooling Jackson State. It doesn't work like that.
Ughhh... Jacksonville State, not the HBCU!!! Haha! I get it. Good comments man!!

Come on, guys. Eli Jenkins left, and the guy who replaces him is a freaking linebacker. This is not the JSU team that took anyone to OT, nor will it be on Saturday.

Come on, guys. Eli Jenkins left, and the guy who replaces him is a freaking linebacker. This is not the JSU team that took anyone to OT, nor will it be on Saturday.
Plus we heard this same lame excuse last week "guys remember when app st/georgia southern beat michigan/florida?". yeah years ago. what does that have to do with the asskicking they're about to receive

I'm expecting 50 points from GT offense. Hopefully that'll be enough.

Concerns:
1. We played until midnight Monday. We are getting 2.5 hours of practice in this week for JSU. We had 2 OL play 97 snaps, QB played 92(ish), Benson a lot too.
2. JSU's running back vs our tackling skills.
3. Unknown if Taquon will let game 1 success go to his head.
4. Our special teams may be worth 7 points for JSU.

I would like to see 34 straight running plays again this week. Let's force them to go down the depth chart.

Nope, but what does it say about a guy who played linebacker that beat out an Ole Miss transfer, another JC transfer, and the California HS POY? And... when Eli went down in Spring of 2015 this guy, Horn, was asked to fill in.....and wins the job. You'll see two QB's for us on Saturday.

Back