Whats the Read on Miami?

They have played literally nobody but have handled the nobodies they have played, which is more than a lot of teams can say against nobodies this year.

Anybody seen them at all?

All I know is that Miami and Richt has almost completely owned GT the last few years. GT needs to play better. Way better!

Richt knows our team, and he has more talented players than us.

We are ranked 117th in total offense (329 yds/game).
Miami are ranked 2nd in total defense (217 yds/game). Clemson are 3rd in total defense ... granted, it was against better competition, so we should perform slightly better against Miami than against Clemson.

We are ranked 34th in total defense (339 yds/game).

If our O-line continues to practice stop-drop-and-roll on Saturday, our defense will have to win this one.

If our O-line continues to practice stop-drop-and-roll on Saturday, our defense will have to win this one.
Well that's what they are taught to do, so...

hopefully the D can keep us close enough that Butker can win it.

Dunno. Does 1st Half vs clemmons GT show up, or 2nd Half vs clemmons GT?:dunno:

I feel pretty ok about this game. Doesn't mean......Son of a bitch my dog will not stop barking....we will win, but I foresee a competitive game. 34-31 final score.

Last edited:
No one has punched Miami in the mouth yet so until they show they can take a punch, they haven't proven anything.

We, on the other hand, have already made it through two twelve-round slugfests with iron-fisted heavyweights. And despite the fact that a wheelbarrow full of dead fish left in the sun for a week smelled twice as good as our offense did against Clemson, our D was quietly pretty effective at keeping their offense off the scoreboard. Kayaa and the pink storks from Miami aren't scary to me - not after Clemson.

Oh, one more thing. Their ranking is bullcrap - a function of "..an SEC coach moves to the ACC so whatever team he coaches just has to be good - its just gotta be!"

That's what I thought about Mendenhall and we see how that's working out.

I think we stun them. But I thought we'd stun Clemson too. Can I caveat based on who starts on the OL?

Richt will destroy our offense with an extra week to prepare just like everyone else does coming off a bye.

Miami starts 3 freshmen at linebacker and their DL is inexperienced. They do have four seniors in the secondary, but that shouldn't affect us. Our offense will do fine and control the ball. They have a veteran OL as well has their entire offense. They too will control the ball and score. Close game and it could go either way depending on turnovers.

I think we stun them. But I thought we'd stun Clemson too. Can I caveat based on who starts on the OL?
I believe Clemson was stunned, just not how you expected.

The only part of the Clemson game that had me befuddled was Dabo leaving his starting QB in for the last few series. I was hoping for a sprained ankle victory and the all week big cry from Clemson going into the Louisville game. Apparently, Dabo knew or DL wouldn't get to him anyway

74825474-120f-3cd7-babc-cb153456a28b

Back