Whats with the random gold seats in the stands?....

TeamBuzz

Varsity Lurker
Do season ticket holders have an option to have these seats? I see them randomly through out the stadium. Whats the story?

drinking.gif

They're the "Stinger" seats, available to season tix holders as an option of about $5/game - basically temporary seat back/butt cushions that bolt on to the bleacher seats. I wouldn't recommend them - they force you to sit unnaturally to the front of the bleacher, but they may help if you have back trouble.

Thanks. Looks kind of silly the way they are spread out, but to each their own!

drinking.gif

Wouldn't THOSE be great to throw out into the field after the first bad call of the season...?

Not long now.....GO JACKETS!
thefinger.gif

Stinger Seats are nothing new. My father got them for us in early 70's. Things have changed though. Use to rent them per game back then. You'd have to pick them up then return them. Now season ticket holders can pay for use of them and they put them in the stands. They've been doing it the new way for years. It may look silly to some, but it's a good idea. Doesn't look silly come game time when there are people in the stands.

Sorry TeamBuzz wasn't coming backatcha. Didn't mean to come across that way. I do agree with you it does look odd/silly with the stands empty.

Well, well....he has finally migrated over to this board. Hello cropdusterengineer. Don't forget to pick me up Saturday!

drinking.gif

Back