Where have we improved?

Tampa Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Since last season.. can’t point out a definite improvement besides incoming freshman making a play or two on their own merit.. maybe WR play?

Are we chalking this up to disrupted spring/summer? A lot of freshman?

even game management still seems goofy. I thought that would end once we settled on one QB
You have to be kidding me. The announcers on TV today correctly pointed out that we are bigger and stronger on the OL.

Our RBs are better.

Sims is the best QB we’ve had since JT.

Don’t think today’s score was because we are suddenly that bad.

The ONLY reason Paul Johnson’s last 3-4 teams didn’t lose by 66 points or more to Clemson is because he ran that stupid triple-option that took literally HALF of the entire game clock just to run basic plays that picked up 1-2 first downs and went 3-and-out the other 5 drives. But we waited until the snap count went down to 1-2 secs to snap the ball so we could control the clock even though we were getting clobbered.

We are in much better shape now than 2 years ago.

BuzzFeitenSystem

It’s Raining BigCrys
You have to be kidding me. The announcers on TV today correctly pointed out that we are bigger and stronger on the OL.

Our RBs are better.

The ONLY reason Paul Johnson’s last 3-4 teams didn’t lose by 66 points or more to Clemson is because he ran that stupid triple-option that took literally HALF of the entire game clock just to run basic plays that picked up 1-2 first downs and went 3-and-out the other 5 drives. But we waited until the snap count went down to 1-2 secs to snap the ball so we could control the clock even though we were getting clobbered.

I agree with these points

What do you have to say about how we just underperformed our showing vs the same team last year (1st game with a new coach, playing 3 QBs)

clemson a lot better this season?

ElCidBUZZingFAN

Dodd-Like

Our RBs are better.

The ONLY reason Paul Johnson’s last 3-4 teams didn’t lose by 66 points or more to Clemson is because he ran that stupid triple-option that took >1/3 of the entire game clock just to run basic plays that picked up 1-2 first downs and went 3-and-out the other 5 drives, waiting until the snap count went down to 2 secs.

The records of futility laid at the feet of CGC:

First home shutout in decades.
First FCS loss in decades.
Worst conference loss ever.
Worst program loss ever.

In a span of 1 1/4 seasons.

GT 1950

Varsity Lurker
Since last season.. can’t point out a definite improvement besides incoming freshman making a play or two on their own merit.. maybe WR play?

Are we chalking this up to disrupted spring/summer? A lot of freshman?

even game management still seems goofy. I thought that would end once we settled on one QB
We look better getting off the bus...its what comes after that is what you are talking about I presume. I guess the offensive line is much improved over last year.

BuzzFeitenSystem

It’s Raining BigCrys
We look better getting off the bus...its what comes after that is what you are talking about I presume.
Yeah better worded, thanks.. i see more total ability in the team but it’s basically been from new additions. Not much coaching improvement to speak of

GTLiebs

Dodd-Like
I agree with these points

What do you have to say about how we just underperformed our showing vs the same team last year (1st game with a new coach, playing 3 QBs)

clemson a lot better this season?
Clemson right now is better than first game of season last year Clemson. A lot better I think. The word underperforming gives me another thought. I think aside from any basic weakness, we had an underperforming day relative to ourselves. We'll see next week how much thats true. Just look at UNC-FSU, sometimes a team plays worse than it is.

The Champ

Dodd-Like
Offense is better in every aspect and every position other than TE. Defense is the same ish, maybe a little worse. Giving up more big plays but also creating more turnovers

aeromech

Dodd-Like
The ONLY reason Paul Johnson's last 3-4 teams never got beat by 66 points is because they had better coaching. In fact, no team in the history of the ACC has ever been beaten this badly before now. Not even the Carl Franks' Duke teams. during their 22 game losing streak. We got totally dominated by Clemson in 2018 and still scored 21 points even though we apparently had a smaller OL, worse QB, and worse RB's.

swampsting

Now with incredulous facial expression
We only had 3 penalties

I was told after the UCF game how poorly coached and undisciplined we were......funny what happens when you don't bring your own refs with you
We’re still poorly coached but we played with more discipline after the off week

swampsting

Now with incredulous facial expression

Our RBs are better.

2-3 with the worst loss in conference play history - for any team - and a loss to a team that got housed at home by Liberty
Yep, we’re in better shape
At least FSU, which got the crap kicked out of it by the Irish, is ripping Mack Brown a new one

GTLiebs

Dodd-Like
2-3 with the worst loss in conference play history - for any team - and a loss to a team that got housed at home by Liberty
Yep, we’re in better shape
At least FSU, which got the crap kicked out of it by the Irish, is ripping Mack Brown a new one
If Cuse losing to Liberty is öööö on us, what does it mean when a team we beat in their house crushes UNC?

Flywheel

Wait, what year is it?
Improved: QB, RB, OL, TE, DE, P

Work in progress: WR, CB, LB, S

Regressed: DT, K

Old-Fashioned UGA Hater

Varsity Lurker
The records of futility laid at the feet of CGC:

First home shutout in decades.
First FCS loss in decades.
Worst conference loss ever.
Worst program loss ever.

In a span of 1 1/4 seasons.
But none of this has to do with a pain staking rebuild that your boy left us with. Seriously dude if you think this is all on CGC's feet then I don't know what to tell you. Football coaches don't have magical wands. When the good years come I hope you bow out and hold sted fast to your hatred of a coach in a rebuild.

ElCidBUZZingFAN

Dodd-Like
But none of this has to do with a pain staking rebuild that your boy left us with. Seriously dude if you think this is all on CGC's feet then I don't know what to tell you. Football coaches don't have magical wands. When the good years come I hope you bow out and hold sted fast to your hatred of a coach in a rebuild.
My boy is CGC, you clown. I’m a Tech fan after all.

I. Don’t. Give. A. öööö. About. Paul. Johnson.

You dickheads need to get over your cognitive dissonance and stop using tired excuses as a crutch cause those facts along with all the other dumbass öööö CGC pulls aren’t just bumps in the road or growing pains. Those are considerable ööööing black eyes that are concerning.

CiraldoForever

Damn Good Rat
If Cuse losing to Liberty is öööö on us, what does it mean when a team we beat in their house crushes UNC?
It means UNC is just another crummy Pinstripe Bowl bound ACC "team." This league has no business being a Power Five conference. Clemson has everything the SEC is looking for: no classes and no class. I wish they would go to the SEC. They got their rep playing ACC marshmallows. Let them try playing real teams.