Where were you on this date in 2014

Damn Duke and UNC games tho.

I felt like I was in an arcade watching that GT-UNC game - total yards: GT 611, UNC 579.

1631635110106.jpeg

1631635136093.jpeg

218. Game winning TD was right in front of me. Feels like it was yesterday.
I was 218 R8, seat 22 for years. Didn't get it last season, due to Covid. This season just moved to 213 R1 to help dad out a bit.

At hafltime, I texted a couple of buddies that this was the best half of football I'd ever seen from a PJ-coached team. And that was a lot.
In the second half, it became WTH is happening

Vegas. Mayweather beat Maidana via unanimous decision.

We win those games, and I have no doubt we beat F$U in the ACC title game. An even average defense and we were a playoff team with, at minimum, a puncher's chance of going the distance.

Remember, we didn't have Smelter, Zenon or Snoddy, three of our fastest or best players, for either the ACCCG or the bowl game.
The biggest disappointment was letting UNC go right back down the field after Smelter's reverse. There was always one game each year we were just brain dead and that was Duke (that seems to happen a lot against them).
The defense was almost non existent in the first half against FSU (and theirs was too against us for the most part) but the D dug in and gave us a chance in the fourth quarter. Not much of a chance, but a chance nonetheless.

I was trying to prevent a fight between Buzzczar and some drunk Southern fans.

I was trying to prevent a fight between Buzzczar and some drunk Southern fans.
drunk Southern fans?
That never happens.

yeah, I didn't really type that with a straight face.
hell, almost got into a fight before a Southern playoff game (1987?) because of a drunk fan I was with (he was there with one of my older brothers, who is a Tech grad). All was good after the game when we ran into the same folks.
Used to be you'd go to a Southern playoff game and a lot of folks were in camo because they really had just come from a deer stand.

I watched on FSS that day and that was one of the biggest, loudest non-Uga game crowds I can remember seeing on a Tech game broadcast.

Why did you get married during football season?
I got married during football season.

We had a bye that day.

All the mutts that came to the wedding (I saved one child out of a family of mutts) missed theirs.

CSB

I was on Lake Powell* (zero cell service) and we went to the marina where there was service. I nearly had a heart attack reading the texts come in from my dwag fan buddy, who was relishing in the possibility of us losing, and giving updates of the score. Glad it didn't turn out bad and I got a good "öööö off dwag" before shutting down my phone for the rest of the weekend.

*I was at lake Powell before I realized what a mistake lake Powell actually is. Very cool place, but one of America's best national parks is sitting under the water, which is inefficiently stored/wasted. Time to drain lake Powell and Fill Mead First.

Watching those highlights, man that grass was beautiful. The stadium was extremely loud that day. Up 35-10, just business as usual. They go with 28 unanswered and pure panic ensued. A clutch defensive play by Golden and JeT doing JeT things saved the day. The crowd was unruly on the Hill TD.

We win those games, and I have no doubt we beat F$U in the ACC title game. An even average defense and we were a playoff team with, at minimum, a puncher's chance of going the distance.
If smelter doesn’t get hurt.

Watching those highlights, man that grass was beautiful. The stadium was extremely loud that day. Up 35-10, just business as usual. They go with 28 unanswered and pure panic ensued. A clutch defensive play by Golden and JeT doing JeT things saved the day. The crowd was unruly on the Hill TD.
I still say that final year of natural turf we purposely neglected the grass so we would have an excuse to go to artificial turf. The field for the final few games of natural grass was the worst it had ever looked

Back