Where will Alabama look for a new HC?

GT Ace

Jolly Good Fellow
Ala AD Mal Moore has given Tex A&M permission to talk to HC Dennis Franchione. While there has been a lot of discussion on A&M getting Franchione, there has been almost 0 talk on where Bama will get their next HC.
The situation in Tuscaloosa is not as bad now with only 1 more yr of Bowl sanctions. They pay very well. They're loaded with players. They would've been in the SEC championship game this Sat.
Will they go for an established HC in a major program or a HC like at So Miss, MTenn St or a high profile OC,DC from a major program?

Tex A&M gets permission to talk to Franchione

Is it possible.....could it be.....that Alabama would come looking on the flats for another coach?
They did that once before in the 1980's and he won quite a few games as coach for Alabama.
Maybe, just maybe, they will come looking again.

Oh Please 'bama, please.

There are very few things in college football that is a guaranteed 100% certainty, zero, zip, nada chance of happening, but I can positively without hedging say that Alabama will NEVER hire another coach from GT again. This has nothing to do with Gailey's ability to coach and everything to do with bama being bama.

hissssssss....*skip*....hissssssss....*skip*....hissssssss....*skip*

beeware, seems your LP version of "Look at me, I'm an Idiot!" still has that scratch on it. Have you considered moving up to 8-track?

;-)

Barnfart says he had "off the record" conversation with Coach Fran and he thinks he will stay.

BeeWare, kudos where they are merited, that was a very good reply. I got a good laugh out of that one. Now, that reply was in good taste.

However, it would not have been as funny coming from another poster!

wink.gif

Wouldn't it be ironic if Ala hired Slocum, who brought his whole staff, while Franchione took his whole staff to College Station? That would have the college sports world abuzz.
Actually, 'Bama did hire Gene Stallings awhile after he was fired by Tex A&M & Stallings is now revered in Alabama for winning a national championship. Hmmmm.

Back