Where will GT coaches be for May evaluation? Fla, Tex, Ga???

GT Ace

Jolly Good Fellow
In a linked article from Jamie Newberg, he points out that after the in home visits of Dec, Jan, Feb, the most important recruiting time is this 'May Evaluation Period' now being carried on by college coaches across the country.
The coaches actually meet most of the kids for the 1st time or meet their coaches or family, if possible. They try to get the 'straight word' on the kids from the coaches. They can watch the youngsters practice, play spring games or jamborees. I don't know for sure if they can try to get kids to attend their college's summer camps or not, but I suppose they can. College coaches can also dig into the academic backgrounds of the potential recruits for the 1st time.
This a VERY CRUCIAL time in recruiting. The question that ran thru my mind was; where will our coaches spend most of their time??? We recruit anywhere, but last yr REALLY zeroed in on Florida, Texas & Georgia. Will we mostly be in those states this May? Will we try to get back to Louisiana, Illinois, N Jersey? Will we concentrate more on Ga this yr than last?
As ya'll know, my queries stray off the trodden path & as always, I like hearing all comments.

May evaluation period is CRUCIAL to recruiting

Back