Whether you like Gailey or not....

Gold Rush

Flats Noob
I'm starting to think that he may indeed have an eye for talent..

First of all, he brought in two BIG DT's, and its starting to appear that they can play as well...When was the last time GT recruited two big DTs, who could move ?

Secondly, look at the Frosh who are allready making statements ? Almost too many to count...

I could give a rats behind about the rating services...I only care about how they play on saturdays, and their attitude and work ethic.

If the team comes out and plays hard this year, and is motivated and inspired, then I, for one, will be quite optimistic about the future, even if we only win 3-4 games....

Here Here!! I argee totally. We may not win but 2 or 3 this year, but a 100% effort by the players will make it easier to swallow, at least for me. I sincerely hope that the team surprises a few this year.

IMHO, O'Leary recruited big DTs but he couldn't keep himself from moving them to OL. It left us small on the DL but with a flexible, impressive OL.

here's a list of frosh who are going to contribute.

it works both ways .. frosh ready to contribute = eye for talent and frosh getting early playing time = lack of depth.

QB: ball
OL: tuminello
RB: grant
WR: dunlap
DL: wrotto, newberry, oliver, anoia
LB: wheeler, moore, hall
CB: scott

all of the above should get playing time. i wish we could afford to red shirt grant but we lack bodies at RB. we have only 4 RBs at running back.

i think we'll look to red shirt these frosh

OL: rhodes, parker
Secondary: gaston, roberson, flueridor, williams
QB: carter?
FB: pupello

that makes 19. pena has left us. that was the recruiting class last year.

have a look out for the following walk ons/transfers as they might get some PT:
WR: usher, rollins
DL: harris, williams
OL: johnson
RB: woods

Goldrush..Some good points...Additional thoughts..This recruiting class was unfairly maligned (by the core group that want Gailey out) As one magazine said "Tech hasnt brought in this type athletic talent ( talking about our top 5 recruits Ball,Scott,Grant,Carter,Roberson) in YEARS and went on to say that our top 5 brecruits were AS GOOD as any team in the Acc..Now Gailey has said that there wasnt Quanity BUT Quality..It looks to be very true..He will in time get Quanity also..
Another point that cant be over emphasized we now have a Head Coach that is the Best at putting players in the right position to succeed Example Tony Hollings and Dawan Landrey. that was the Quote from emmitt Smith that stood out when we hired Gailey..
I think another strong positive is that we now have a REAL Defensive Coordinator in Jon Tenuta , we are Committed to Strong defense and we are recruiting with Defense in Mind and kids want to play for Gailey and Tenuta..The 5 recruits mentioned could have signed with almost ANY school.. Some great positive signs of Better things to come..This coaching staff deserves 2 to 3 years to prove their worth and given that time the core group with their personal agenda will be dissolved...Thats why they keep up the Drumbeat now and pick out all the flimsey little articles on Gailey they cn dig up.They have to keep it up to win more support for their cause...My goodness you can pick ANY head coach in Footbal and get on the internet and pick something negative on ANY coach if they have been in coaching for a few years...

This coaching staff better make things happen sooner then that - in ONE YEAR we have to play the likes of Miami and VTech - never mind the teams already in the conference that have moved ahead of us! This 3-4 year deal is not going to cut it anymore.

Time is of the essence in NO uncertain terms!!

We would have to play VaT and Miami regardless of whether Chan is the coach. I would rather do it with a coach that looks to be righting the ship, rather than another new one trying to start all over.

Based on your argument, we would have a new coach every year until we found one that won the national championships in his first year. Get real. No coach has done well starting out at Tech. It takes time. Lambasting him doesn't help.

Mtech...Lets see now Oleary NEVER beat FSU and had a losing record against UGA...BUT i didnt hear you and the few that are with you go after him Especially when he lost his 1ST 4 tries against UGA...You want everyone know ?? He fit your Mold..The guy from the NorthEast and ( We want get into the other things like politics,religion and all the other things that you few had in common with him )

So here a FINE gentlman AND FINE Coach like Chan Gailey after 1 year i REPEAT 1 year on the job you want him ousted..NO YOU FEW DIDNT WANT HIM IN THE FIRST PLACE... He didnt fit your mold...Never Mind he had a better 1st year record than a majority of our past Head Coaches in the 1st year on the job...I REPEAT 1st YEAR on the job....

MsTA post: Time is of the essence in NO uncertain terms!!

Getting a little nervous MsTA?

Father Time

Back