white britches???

huntnbee

Varsity Lurker
espn just showed the jackets pregame warm-ups and we're wearing white on white.

What happened to our traditional gold pants?

Every time I see a team change their uniforms for a big game to so call "spark" the team, it seems to always backfire, and the team plays worse.
Like kicking on 4th and one, it shows a lack of confidence in the team by the coach. It's like saying, "I don't know how to improve the play of the team to give us a chance to win, so we'll change the unis and see if that helps".

Example: Donn_n changed to white pants for 2000 UGAG/GT game, and GT had the game won by halftime.

Example: B*** L**** changed to white pants and jerseys for the 1992 UGAG/GT game, but UGAG wins easily 31-17.

Example: B*** L**** changed to white pants and jerseys for the 1993 F$U/GT game, but F$U roles to a 51-0 blowout.

This strategy almost never works.
pat.gif
puke.gif

"What happened to our traditional gold pants?"
Tech truly does not deserve to wear gold anywhere on their uniforms. We should start calling them the GT "Dirt Dobblers" until they get serious about who they represent, and who went before them in White and Gold.
BOO

BDG like Bill Curry making them earn the right to wear the GT on their helmets. You are so right about wearing the gold. Also CG does not deserve to wear a gold shirt on the sidelines.

Wes said in pregame that players requested it. I think they like a little change now & then. I would like to see us in white/gold/white. Similar to a Texas look. Maybe Gold/blue/white @ home and gold/white/gold on road. Tired, in this day @ time, of having visitors wear their home shirts in our stadium.

Oh yeah, can we at least get some decent looking numbers on the shirts?

Originally posted by texstinger:
Maybe Gold/blue/white @ home. Tired, in this day @ time, of having visitors wear their home shirts in our stadium.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">great idea to go back to the blue jerseys even if it is similar to ND's unis. might be a little hot in august and september but who does GT think they are anyway, the Dallas Cowboys?

Originally posted by FHstinger:

Example: Donn_n changed to white pants for 2000 UGAG/GT game, and GT had the game won by halftime.

This strategy almost never works.
pat.gif
puke.gif
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">agree w/ you on changing unis. i hate when schools forget their own traditions.

but on one occasion it worked pretty well. in the outback bowl a few years ago and Donnan unleashed the black pants with white jerseys and held the "Great Dane" to 36 yds rushing and Bobo completed somewhere in the neighborhood of 26 passes out of 28 attempts.

I don't care what the uniforms look like as long as the team plays inspired football in the Tech tradition.

Originally posted by texstinger:
Oh yeah, can we at least get some decent looking numbers on the shirts?
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I second that, tex. TECH should be wearing the traditional football numerals like it wore for the 1998, 1999 seasons. These goofy basketball numerals worn the last two years look ridiculous for football. Those "fat" numerals worn for the 2000 season were even worse.

Let me lay it all out:

HOME: (Non-Conference Games but not Georgia)
Gold Hats
Blue Shirts
White Pants

HOME: (Conference Games but not Florida State)
Gold Hats
Blue Shirts
Gold Pants

AWAY (all teams but Florida State)
Gold Hats
White Shirts
Gold Pants

vs. Florida State
White Hats
White Shirts
White Pants
(Because they wear all burgandy against us)

vs. Georgia (at home, of course)
White Hats
Gold Shirts
White Pants

Take an advil and read it again. Kind of complicated, but I like it personally.

You would be an equipment manager's nightmare. 2 game helmets would be very difficult and expensive...

Back