Who becomes the new Clemson h.coach...

BLACK WATCH

Helluva Engineer
you can take it to the bank...The search is on....That is one program that is a sleeping giant..With the right coach they will take off...Who do you guys think will be new head coach???

They are a sleeping pile of crap. They better hang on to Baby Bowden. He is probably the best they can get.

Go Jackets!

funy real funny..But on a serious note..you ask any football person and they will tell you there are very few programs with better fan support than Clemson...Iptay at one time (Still may be) the biggest booster club in the country..Bobby Ross often said they had the best fan support in the country...Trust me if they get the right coach..they will Win and win big....

That is one coach that would never fit at Clemson...Clemson will never go for that Northeastern accent.....I look for an sec assistant like Van Gorder or maybe an Nfl guy which is becoming more and more of a trend..i think Oleary gets a chance somewhere as HC in a couple of years but not a Southern school like Clemson...

How about this for spreading a rumor. I read on another board that "a guy knows someone who works at Clemson and has sources" (already 3 levels of questionability), and reported that Steve Spurrier has been to the Clemson campus 3 times in the recent months.
Obviously Spurrier is not doing well in the NFL this year. Could be a possibility, but again, a wild rumor in my mind.

Originally posted by texstinger:
O'L
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Hey fellow GT fan..i dont mean to be arguing with you but Clemson has 1 player out their whole roster from outside the South..A backup guard from Ohio...more importantly NONE from the North east...Out of all the Major Powers in the South (sec,Clemson Fsu,GT and Miami) GT and Miami are the 2 schools that recruit the most Nationally and you can look at both rosters and see that...Oleary would not fit in at any sec school, clemson or Fsu...He will land a job and most likely a Northern school like a Rutgers or Syracuse....

Would O'Leary still consider Notre Dame? Would they reconsider him?

One thing for sure, it would be his type of school. Notre Dame is one of the best schools for recruiting five star athletes.

Father Time

I was really hoping Oleary stayed at Notre dame..That was a nice fit...I think both parties would have been happy over the long run....

I am really thinking that Mike Stoops (the DC at Oklahoma and brother of Bob Stoops) might be a serious possibility at Clemson...Over on their board sane minds ( There are some delusional Clemson fans that think Spurrier is a candidate) are touting Stoops..i heard Bob Stoops last week saying on espn that his baby brother would get a D1 Head coaching job this year and that he wouldnt schedule him as whoever got him would instantly have a stout defense...I think Stoops will be a serious candidate...

Originally posted by ahsoisee:
Would North Carolina consider Donnan?

Father
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">He is an alum..but i hope not...They deserve better and as part of the New ACC they should be able to attract a top notched coach..You know Beamer toyed with them here while back and stated he had always liked UNC....I think they can get a good coach..

Originally posted by ncjacket:
Actually Donnan went to State.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Your right but wasnt he an asst.Coach there at UNC?

I just want someone to get VanGorder out of Athens. He is the real coach over there.

Originally posted by texstinger:
O'L
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Let's hope not. We need to regain control of that series and it would be big hit to our recruiting. Man, let's not even think about that happening!

GATA JACKETS!!!

Why would O'Leary be a big hit to recruiting? Everybody always said it was Roof, or Kelly, or Mac who did all the recruiting. Let's face it, Clemson recruits well in GA anyway. Their problem isn't recruiting it's what they do with them after they get them on campus. Kind of like Ugag was.

You have to be extremely careful in choosing a candidate for the head coaching position.

In the case of Clemson, they need a proven head coach at this time.

I have a brother and a sister. All three of us came from the same parents, but all three of us are different with different thought processes.

It is the same with my three children, all three think a little differently.

We all know each of us receive 13 chromosomes from out mother and 13 from our Dad. Can you be sure Mike Stoops and Bob Stoops have the same brain. Maybe one has the brain of the mother and one of the Dad. Maybe they do not think alike.

At Oklahoma, I am sure Mike is using the system dictated by his brother Bob. Could Mike function the same as Bob, maybe not.

If I were Clemson or any other school looking for a quick fix with a good coach, I would not choose an OC or DC unless they have fully proven they could do the job.

Father Time

Mike Stoops is the one everybody wants at CU - which has not a whole lot to do with what ab AD does at any school.

I think he would be a good one, but Ahso has a point.

Bob did do well after he left UF, though. I'd take a chance on him, but I don't pick coaches for a living.

Bobby Johnson. HC at Vanderbilt. Homegrown son. Former HC success at in-state Furman. Alum.

Book it.

Back