Who has progressed more?...

G

Geetee

Vandy or Tech???

Last year we absolutely pounded Vandy. This year, we're two evenly matched teams who had to duke it out (no pun intended) all the way to overtime.

Has Vandy improved that much since last year or did we slide that much since last year?

One player is the difference in a blowout and an overtime game???

I have to agree with you, my joy for the our victory is dampered by the realization that we struggled and had to come from behind to beat a Duke caliber team. This is looking to be very long season!!

Originally posted by jacketpower:
This is looking to be very long season!!
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I commend you on an original thought. Don't hear many people say that here.

bsmeter.gif

If you're looking for a serious answer...I think Vandy has improved some, but we played a bad game. The early going and the last few minutes show we have the ability to play better football. What happened in between is the mystery. Whether it was a case of overconfidence (the players probably think we should have walked over Vandy too) or what, we need to get the intensity back on a game by game basis. We just aren't good enough to slide by.

Comparing this year's team to last year's at this point in time I would have to say we're not as good. Of course we had Tony against Vandy, as others have posted, and AJ was doing a decent job after 5 games (not burning it up, but decent). Our receiving corp was better IMO due to the vets we had on hand and the defense was more seasoned. The D Line and depth issues are known to all.

Now I do think this team has the potential to be better. Reggie can do things AJ can't, and our WR corps is showing some signs of coming around (especially if Bilbo can become a steady contributor). I'm concerned about the O line play, they should be doing better and we still need to develop more of a threat at RB. If we open things up a little that could be the answer.

Not that it matters, but if we played Vandy again with a more open offensive attack we'd pound them IMO. I tend to think we played down to their level Sat.

Who has improved more from last year, F$U or GT?

Although F$U did WIN the game, they did not look as good last year as this year. Plus the score was closer.

WOOF-WOOF

Originally posted by TIAR,B:
Who has improved more from last year, F$U or GT?

Although F$U did WIN the game, they did not look as good last year as this year. Plus the score was closer.

WOOF-WOOF
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I think something very different between this year and last years FSU game was our quarterback. I don't put blame on any single player because games rarely are fully decided by one play, but A.J. Suggs threw the interception that put the Nole$ in position to take the lead, as well as the interception that lost the game. Neither of them should have been put up. His inconsistency always frightened me.

Back