Who is Max from 680?

gnats67

Dodd-Like
Somebody named Max from 680 the fan was just on the 560AM sports show up here talking Southern football. Who will win the SEC, blah, blah, blah. Ended up being asked by the locals about GT. Is Chan in trouble or what? He says he has two stories.

1) Tells them about the first 4 games. Makes it sound really bad and gets the "Oh man, they are so screwed" response.

2) He says he went to the Spring game and says "fellas, I have to tell you in all my years of following college football that was the worst Spring performance I've ever seen." Blah, blah, blah. More oh man, they are so screwed comments and then one of the locals mentions "yeah and they lost 10 guys to academics" and then he mentions that maybe the ones that flunked out were the ones stinking it up at the Spring game.
"HAR HAR HAR!" by all. Oh, man they're so screwed.

Is this guy supposed to be any kind of a TECH supporter or what? I'm guessing he's a big time mutt but don't really know anything about him other than he's got a big mouth.

NO! He is no TECH supporter. He is a joke, literally. The big joke around here is about him claiming to be a coach on Bowden's staff at fsu.

Rival radio stations make fun of him. He is an old redneck fool. SCREW him.

Other than that, he's alright.

Is it max howell? he's on that sec radio show, right? I think he used to have a morning radio show awhile back in atlanta, the max & morgan show, or something....

Gnats, was it Southern Sports Tonight that were listening to? It's broadcast here in Jackson on the local sports AM channel and I know Max Howell's on that one. I thought he had MS coaching connections, I hadn't heard the FSU angle before.

Lawtool.. you are right (and by the way, welcome to the board) ..

Max and Morgan had a show in Atlanta somewhere during the early to mid 90's.. Max was tuned in alot more back then than he is now.. and Max and 680 love to poke fun at Tech (They dont want to piss of Buck Belue now do they)

Max is an old guy, who loves to get married and divorced, loves to get drunk, and loves the SEC.. listen long enough (and it doesnt take long) and you will find that he doesnt regard intelligence and highly as he does cheating.. he will brag about that..

Do yourself a favor and switch to 790.. you get alot more information there..

Max is more entertainment than anything.. Grew up in 'Bama a diehard SEC fan.. Doesn't think much of the ACC 'cept for FSU.. Supposedly was an assistant on many different teams... From listening to him over the years I can say without equivocation that his predictions rarely come to fruition..

Max always claimed to be a coach at FSU and Ole Miss. He was essentially a recruiting assistant, but he always made it seem that he was an on field coach. Lots of rumors that he helped to get Brewer in hot water at Ole Miss. He always brags about coaching Emmitt Smith in high school. That is his claim to fame.

JJ, no it was just a local radio show he was guesting on.

Thanks for the responses. I get the picture.

The guy can not construct a complete sentence. He tries to use words to make himself sound intelligent, sadly the words do not fit into the conversation at all. He is a moron.

Anybody remember who Morgan was? Was he a sports person or a radio person, or both?

Max is just an old drunk who likes to hear himself talk.

Originally posted by bizzybee:
Anybody remember who Morgan was? Was he a sports person or a radio person, or both?

Max is just an old drunk who likes to hear himself talk.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I had the impression that Morgan was an old disc jockey who just stumbled into sports talk. He may have known a little baseball, but not much football.

I haven't listened to Max in the past 6 or 7 years, but he used to be a lot of good ole boy fun. The instant somebody called in and disagreed with him about something, he would start backpedaling and awshucksin and they would wind up buddies.

Max's main claim to fame was that he recruited Dion for FSU way back when, although some have disputed this.

Max has never met a rumor he didn't like and repeat. He was talking about Florida moving to the ACC six years ago.

Max is a supporter of all things athletic in college and moans and whines when academics get in the way. If he had his way, colleges would pay the athletes and not require them to go to class.

I am in the car quite a bit during the day and listen to a lot of sports talk. If it were not the case that 790 changed their programming a while back, I would never have had to listen to this fool and the new Morgan, Perry Laurantino (sp).
From noon to 1pm I tried to listen to Max talk about all of his "appatunidys" to drink red wine and what went on in the head of Mickey Andrews at f$u. All it did was made me mad.
drinking.gif

As a result, I burned a cd of all my old favorite Tom Petty tunes. Thats what I enjoy until O'Reilly
comes on at 1.

Back