Who is our new LB commit?

There is no way we got a player from the state of GA. We aren't recruiting GA, everyone is too stupid, remember?

wink.gif

maybe he recently moved here and received his formal education elsewhere

or

maybe he is a plant

ask him where he stands on the flag issue?

that should root out the "real" georgia athletes

Just saw where it is Phillip Wheeler from Columbus. Offers from Alabama?? and Miss. State?? I think.

Welcome to Ma Tech Phillip!

Yeah, I think I heard he grew up in New Jersey but played his HS football in Texas and just moved to Georgia last year.

That should make him acceptable.

Funny.Beeware hasn't posted yet about our new pickup. Guess he's just gloating silently since Chan Gailey and company can't seem to land us any top quality recruits...much less any from Georgia.
frown.gif

C'mon Beeware, where's your ubiquitous slam on Gailey and his new staff?? You're gettin' a little slow in your old age.

wink.gif

I subscribe to Borderwars here's Scott Kennedy's write up on our new LB commit - Phillip Wheeler:
6'2"
215 lbs.
40: 4/62

"Phillip is 6-2 and 215 lbs and runs a 4.6 for us, said Shaw Head Coach Charles Flowers. "He plays outside linebacker and defensive end for us. He was All-State last year as a junior, has a great work ethic and is very talented. He committed to Georgia Tech yesterday. He also had offers from Alabama & Miss. State, and Auburn was recruiting him heavily as well."

Wheeler is a very good student that has already made a qualifying grade on his SAT!

Congratulations Phillip and welcome to Tech!

Bonzer! Great TECH news on a slow day. Welcome to Phillip Wheeler. Look forward to hearing that name a lot in the future. Good job, Chan & Co.

Welcome to TECH Mr. Wheeler... congratulations on your super year at Shaw... May your outstanding play and superb character flourish before our eyes!!!
And congrats to Coach Gailey and his staff for their continued hard work...

GO JACKETS!!! clip the doggies!!!

Something to think about. It's always fun to follow a player that's given a verbal to GT. Am guessing that Shaw is in the playoffs again this year. They'll be getting pub more and more in the papers.

Same with others that have chosen GT! Just came to mind because Shaw is a playoff type team.

DOH!!

offers only from Alabama .. probation university.
and Miss St?? they play football??

dadgummit

prolly not a good football player by techrod's standards

Welcome Phillip Wheeler of Columbus, GA.

WOO HOO!!

Yes, the site lists AL and MSU as offering him as well. That doesn't mean the three of us were the only ones to offer.

Our first GA boy to commit publicly. Have a feeling there is another. YES!! More to come.

Go Jackets!

Originally posted by Lionel Hutz:
You're right kirbee. He (or she) must be from Soviet Georgia.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">HA HA. You, Kirbee, and Law are just too much!!

Well, as long as techrod thinks he's probably a good pick up that's cool. All things are well in the world.

There will be more info to come out on our first public GA commit with more to follow.

techrod our recruiting genius has spoken ..

our newest recruit is "probably" a good pickup.
phew .. i am now thoroughly relieved.

I could care less if our entire team comes from North Dakota if they can graduate at rate equal or better than our student body, stay out of trouble off the field, and win football games!

However, it is always good to have someone from the home state! Welcome Philip!

Back