Who is your second favorite College team?

bobby dodds ghost

Damn Good Rat
Mine is Auburn. Beautiful campus. Great gameday experience for football. Before the days of Dye, I could relate to their struggles with Alabama. Others on my list of favorites include Virginia, UNC, Tennessee, and Ole Miss.
BOO

Whoever's playing UGAg, of course!
drinking.gif

Gotta luv them Ole Miss Rebels!

The absolute BEST place in the world to tailgate is on a Saturday afternoon in the fall down in the grove in Oxford. Anyone who's ever been there would agree.

Other than that, anyone playing the Dawgs - with the exception of Notre Dame, Michigan or Penn State. In those cases I hope the game gets rained out or the stadium collapses (no injuries, of course!)

BBR

All D-1 football: Georgia Southern

D-1A Football: Who cares?
But if I had to say I'd go with Duke in a sympathy vote.

I'd have to agree with the coach. At the risk of being booted, I love Auburn. I got really attached to them while I was going to Northside HS in Warner Robins. Lots of connections, colors, Patrick Nix, etc. Not to underestimate the importance of Stan "the Man" Gann.

My second best has changed over the years. I followed Alabama and the Bear when he was there. I liked Florida when Spurrier was their coach. I liked Penn State for years with Joe Paterno, but have soured on him somewhat over the past few years.

I followed LSU when they had Coach Charlie Mclendon and the chineese bandits on defense. I thought Ole Miss was a very good team when Johnny Vaught was their coach.

The pattern is clear, I like a coach who really knows what he is doing regardless of the school. At one time, I halfway pulled for Notre Dame when Ara parsegian was their coach.

I guess the above proves I am a loyal Tech fan, because they have been my number one team through some bad coaches. However, I became a fan of Tech when Bobby Dodd began his coaching career here, so again I was hooked by good coaching.

wink.gif

I like Clemson second...
1. I am originally from SC.
2. Its an ACC school.
3. Really awesome (when not playing GT) to watch them run down the hill.
Maryland runs a close third....

Division II school favorite has to be Carson Newman College, with close second of Newberry College.

All said... Nothing beats those Georgia Tech YELLOW JACKETS!!!!!!
blue.gif

Auburn also - my wife went there and now my money's going there
wink.gif

I love the team's that roll over week after week; just like the most popular girl in school.

wink.gif

USC Trojans. They gave my son a full tuition academic ride, and they just might get a shot at UGAg in the Sugar Bowl. After that, this week it's Arkansas.

Ole Miss (they still play Dixie occaisionally) followed by Army. Had the pleasure of finally attending a home game there. Quite an experience.

On the flip side, the question you didn't ask - the place I least like to visit - and this is not because they are our rival - is UGA followed by LSU.

Bama- received my MBA there (while Bear was still coaching), and all of my wife's family is Bama grads.

My knee jerk reaction is whoever is playing UGA.

After a little reflection I realized that I lump
all other programs together after GT. I guess my
wife's FSU allegiance will result in my cheering
for them second behind GT.

UF Gators. The Gator growl is a great pep rally. Also, they have beaten UGAg lately.

blue.gif
pat.gif
pat.gif

I don't like anybody else except maybe TECH's B-team but if I had to choose or face a firing squad I'd say Ole Miss or So. Miss. Always wish I was in Dixie!

WE ARE PENN STATE!!!! well im from Pennsylvania and my sister now goes there so they are my second team

Back