Who remembers Willie Simmons?

bobby dodds ghost

Damn Good Rat
Tech lost out to Clemson on this highly touted QB recruit a few years back. He had a big mouth during the recruiting process and it must have followed him to Clemson. Morning paper today says he's transfering to the Citadel. Can't see him in an uniform... marching.
BOO

That does seem to be an odd fit. Wonder how those two got together?

Originally posted by gnats:
That does seem to be an odd fit. Wonder how those two got together?
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">gnats.. I heard on sports talk the other day that Simmons had transferred to I believe Florida A&M which is currently Div 1-A which would allow him to play this year (his senior year).. but after he got there the NCAA ruled that he couldn't play this year 'cause Florida A&M is going Div 1 next year.. If my memory serves correct I think there was a couple other QBs that transferred there also that will have to sit out a year now too... Sounds like The Citadel was a last minute option for Simmons...

Yep. I read an article over at the Augusta Chronicle a little while ago. I had forgotten that he'd transferred to FAM. Does look like he's sort of bailed into this. Best of luck to him. I wonder how transferring into a military college as an upper classman works? Plebes and all.

edit - well to shed a little more light on the situation the Citadel's athletic site says he's a Clemson grad and is enrolled in the Citadel's grad program.

Simmons was quoted as saying, "Thank you sir, may I have another!!!"

BOO

Originally posted by bobby dodds ghost:
Simmons was quoted as saying, "Thank you sir, may I have another!!!"

BOO
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Sure it wasn't his girlfriend who was quoted as saing that, ghost?
smile.gif

Originally posted by gnats:
Yep. I read an article over at the Augusta Chronicle a little while ago. I had forgotten that he'd transferred to FAM. Does look like he's sort of bailed into this. Best of luck to him. I wonder how transferring into a military college as an upper classman works? Plebes and all.

edit - well to shed a little more light on the situation the Citadel's athletic site says he's a Clemson grad and is enrolled in the Citadel's grad program.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Does the Citadel grad program have the military requirement? Anyone know? I wouldn't think so.

Back