Who Replaces Chan??

The coach at Boise State is absolutely the next best hire for a major program.

Next, revisit Charlie Strong who can motivate and recruit toe to toe with the SEC schools.

Originally posted by toe meets leather:
mike stoops , jimmy robinson ,pete mangurian
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">
Originally posted by Father WASP:
The coach at Boise State is absolutely the next best hire for a major program.

Next, revisit Charlie Strong who can motivate and recruit toe to toe with the SEC schools.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I agree with all of these but belive Mac should be added to the list for consideration.

Agree GMC but we have one major problem - Braine lied to McWhorter and therein has burnt the bridge. Solution is to run Braine out of town along with Gailey and start over.

If we were to make a change I could easily go along with Kim's pick (not that anyone would ask me). But I still don't see any reason for Mac's name to keep coming up. Why is it no one but us thinks he has what it takes?

Originally posted by goldbuzz:
The people who know are far more knowledgeable than us about Georgia Tech and football worked hard to get Jimmy Robinson hired. I respect their judgment and think we erred when we failed to support their decision.

They know far more about this matter than the pseudo keyboard analysts posting on this board.

Why not take the word of the experts who love Georgia Tech?

Is there anyone here that knows more about Georgia Tech and football than Kim King?
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I'm in no position to say "I told you so" because I wasn't around here at this time last year, but when I read about Jimmy Robinson, I was excited. He seemed like he was really interested and the players would be sure to answer to him.

When Gailey was hired, it didn't sit right with me. He wasn't spectacular in the NFL and I questioned whether or not he could do the job at Tech. I gave him a chance though, seeing as how it might be nice if we got a game under the belt this season before saying anything. The Vandy game went okay. I thought in the UConn game, we played keep away too much in the second half. When AJ started showing his deficiencies as the season wore on, I started having my doubts about Chan. I never knew that it would culminate with this stinker last weekend.

So, how about that Dolphins' offense?
rolleyes.gif

Here's I'd like to see coaching at Georgia Tech after we let this fiasco run it's coarse:

1. Urban Meyer from Bowling Green--look what he's done in two years with the Falcons. This guy can excite players to go beyond anywhere they've ever been. Had Bowling Green in the Top 25 for most of the season, and they'll be there next year too.

2. John L. Smith from Louisville--He was my choice before Chan was hired. He's built Louisville into a very exciting team, and he understands how to win big ball games.

3. Dan Hawkins from Boise State--He's continued the good work in Boise. His teams can score, and they don't play flat.

4. Charlie Strong from South Carolina--Is he college football's Tony Dungy? Probably so.

The lack of motivation and the continued playing of AJ Suggs are pathetic. My guess is that we only have one more season with Chan at the helm. I was a fan of Chan until we came out and laid an egg in Athens. Heck, even Ron Zook beat those guys, and plenty of other coaches had their teams ready to play. Chan should know better.

I did not see this name.
How about Norm Chow? Will he return to the East Coast? Has any one given him an offer?
He may be like a Fridge.
Just a thought.

Price Memorial Gold

Back