Who replaces Jeune?

I hope you're sarcastic...

giphy.gif

some poor bastard who'll get 2-3 looks per game, tops. All of which will be post bomb patterns.
Demaryius Thomas had almost 1200 yards receiving his senior year and finished in the top 10 of Biletnikoff Award voting. We've shown the ability to feature receivers if they prove they can make big plays. I'd like to see the comeback route again, because that was pretty much our go-to 3rd and long play and was a big reason we were successful in 2009 and 2014 when we had strong-armed QBs.

Demaryius Thomas had almost 1200 yards receiving his senior year and finished in the top 10 of Biletnikoff Award voting. We've shown the ability to feature receivers if they prove they can make big plays. I'd like to see the comeback route again, because that was pretty much our go-to 3rd and long play and was a big reason we were successful in 2009 and 2014 when we had strong-armed QBs.

I don't disagree with any of that and, like you, would like to see the return of some higher-percentage passing routes than the one ran in 2017.

Do we have any more baseball players that would have gone to another school if they initially were gonna play football?

Do we have any more baseball players that would have gone to another school if they initially were gonna play football?
While we are at that, should we be looking for soccer players in the same situation too?

I don't disagree with any of that and, like you, would like to see the return of some higher-percentage passing routes than the one ran in 2017.
I'm pretty sure Marshall can't throw that route. I noticed when we tried it some early in the year, we rolled him hard to that side, which makes me think the coaches are worried about his arm strength. Timing is also really important on that route, which he was way off on this season.

This is why I hope LJ can master the option well enough to challenge Marshall. You can't compete with good teams without being able to pass.

Don't we need someone who can throw it to them first?

I'm not sure why anyone cryface this. It's not a shot any one, it's objectively the problem with our passing game - we did not have a good passing QB this year.

I'm pretty sure Marshall can't throw that route. I noticed when we tried it some early in the year, we rolled him hard to that side, which makes me think the coaches are worried about his arm strength. Timing is also really important on that route, which he was way off on this season.

This is why I hope LJ can master the option well enough to challenge Marshall. You can't compete with good teams without being able to pass.

Yep - LJ all the way. We win big only when we pass well.

Back