Who should get National Coach of the Year?

GT Ace

Jolly Good Fellow
Al Groh of Virginia is this yr's ACC Coach of the Year, but will get zero national attention. My vote would go to Ferentz of Iowa. It is much, much harder to win @ Iowa than it is @ Ohio St. Anyhow, here is Carlton Tudor's rundown on NCOTY. Tudor has a vote on the Bear Bryant Award.

Rundown on National Coach of the Year

The obvious choice -- and for good reason -- is Willingham.

People were predicting a losing season for the Domers and they're going BCS.

Originally posted by kirbee:
The obvious choice -- and for good reason -- is Willingham.

People were predicting a losing season for the Domers and they're going BCS.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Not only obvious but politically correct. He's a lock.

I'd still go with the Ohio St. coach. The guy comes up from division IIA, and in year 2 Ohio St. has an undefeated season. I'd vote Willingham #2.

Originally posted by ConyersJacket:
I'd still go with the Ohio St. coach. The guy comes up from division IIA, and in year 2 Ohio St. has an undefeated season
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">You know this is interesting because many people dismiss these coaches -- a lot of Tech fans did it when we were looking last year -- because they allegedly can't handle "big time" football.

Guess if you can coach, you can coach.

I'd have to go with the Iowa coach. Willingham has done a good job but I think he had much better talent on paper than Iowa did. Correct me if I'm wrong but Iowa wasn't even on the radar screen to begin the season, were they?

As much as I dislike Notre Dame, if they win out the rest of the way, I would have to side with those voting for Willingham.

What headlines! Black, Catholic, Irish, Ty Willingham wins National Coach of The Year.

Of course the others mentioned in this thread are also excellent candidates.

grin.gif

Back