Who the öööö at GT is responsible for making sure GT can be heard on radio stations around Georgia?

Savannah? I live 4mi from BDS and the 680/93.7 signal is total öööö. I can't even get the game in town.

Savannah? I live 4mi from BDS and the 680/93.7 signal is total öööö. I can't even get the game in town.

Is procurring radio stations not in the promotion budget? We should be targeting latino radio to grow a whole new segment of jacket fans.

I believe in the past that Tech charged the stations to carry the games. That probably was great in the 50s but has been dumbshit since the 80s. If you don't have coverage in your own state you may as well be in another state. I hear Ga Southern games on more local stations that used to carry Tech.

I have to ask why one wouldn't use the GT app? On occasion when for reasons I can't recall I couldn't/didn't use the GT app, The Varsity Network app has worked pretty well (thanks @The Jacket for the tip)

I have to ask why one wouldn't use the GT app? On occasion when for reasons I can't recall I couldn't/didn't use the GT app, The Varsity Network app has worked pretty well (thanks @The Jacket for the tip)

ew mr fancypants with his internet phone...

For those who came in late.....

Big Al was mostly known to NATS fans as our play-by-play guy, but as a WGST employee (or whatever before the WCNN acquisition & freq swap from 920 to 680) he was also an ad salesman. IIRC, the PbP guy, whether it was Jack Hurst, Milo Hamilton, Brad Nessler, or Big Al, was the guy who "sold" the network. At various times over the last 50 or 60 years, the PbP guy may have occasionally been a GTAA employee, dependent on the fickle corporate whims & winds. No idea about Wes, Gaudin, or Demetra.

YMMV.

THWg!

Lordy, Lordy, this has been an age old problem since the 60's, I remember listening to the Yellow Jackets on the AM radio stations throughout the state of Georgia. If GT played a night game forget about it, you heard more static than you heard the play by play. My older brother and I would find the highest hill in our town to go park our car and listen to the night games. Lucky or unlucky for us, our local cemetery had the highest hill where we could get the game to come in clear. Nowadays there should be no excuse for a FM station not to be able to come in clear, or an app on a smart phone!

the PbP guy may have occasionally been a GTAA employee, dependent on the fickle corporate whims & winds. No idea about Wes, Gaudin, or Demetra.

YMMV.

THWg!
I think starting with Wes they have held the title of "director of broadcasting" in the athletic department.
Demetra is listed among the athletic department staff.

Initially, and while I worked at the AA marketing dept as an intern, ISP I think was the entity which included Wes, etc

Back