Who Thinks Moore Sabotaged The Football Program?

SouthGa

Varsity Lurker
According to some, her and O'Leary were not exactly pals and she has looked upon the football program with contempt. If this is true, she is a traitor and ought to be run off on a rail. Heck, she's Un-American and certainly not a Southerner.
Again I must state, IF this is TRUE.

South Georgia Jacket

I believe, that under George, the AA did a great job of controlling the hill, and that is why this Mooooore btch was in place to keep George honest. She was a bch then, but not a match for him.

When he left, the check and balance between strong George and bch Carfol was gone, and she has taken advantage of it.

Another dumbass lack of reality for Dave Braine.

I can't believe Carole Moore would "sabotage" football...I don't believe it. The reporting scheme in academics (from GOL to CG) didn't really change until Jerry McTier left (and this was after GOL was gone). Jerry was Director of Football Academics (from approximately March to September) but had been told he wouldn't report to CM. He resigned when this was renigged and he was told that he WOULD report to her. There are other "players" in this scenario who are unnamed and whose exact roles are not clear. As I said in another post,"I doubt anyone will ever know the real story!"

Moore has blood on her hands, but Gailey is the head coach, and is responsible for his players well being and growth.
Example:
Let's say your kid hasn't been spending alot of time studying at his new school and you become worried about his academic status. You call his teacher. The teacher tells you not to worry. Teacher says your kid is a great kid and appears to be doing fine in class.
Your kid continues to show signs at home that schoolwork is not a big priority to him. But you decide not to ask anymore questions, nor go to meet the teacher. After all, the teacher said everything appeared to be fine. Why worry?
Gailey is like this parent. He was too busy, or unconcerned,too naive, or misinformed. Bottom line...for whatever reason he allowed other people to do his job without checking that work himself. It will cost him, and it will cost Ga. Tech Football.
BOO

Moore is just a front line hack for a radical element wanting to de-emphasize football. I'm more interested in who put her on the front lines.

Braine.

Braine is still operating will the full blessing of Clough. Notice Clough hasn't made any statements. Whenever anything goes down they really want to comment on, like the IU President on Bobby Knight, they don't have trouble getting quoted.

Braine is in charge of coming up with the solution to the problem he created? Moore, Gailey, the names may change but until the people higher up the ladder are public with their intention of supporting policies and programs to support football, it won't matter.

Father Wasp: Braine DID NOT hire CM! I'll grant you that he allowed her to eventually be put in charge of GTAA academics, but Bernadette McGlade, of the Rice administration, was responsible for hiring her. Gen. Wood stated that she was "run from the Hill", and I don't know whether or not this is true. I DO know that she made it known throughout campus that she and the (then) new Dean of Students (a Clough hiree as I recall) didn't get along. In CM's place, any rational person would've jumped at the opportunity presented to her, just as she did.

I do not know as I don't know all the facts. If she said what has been reported that she said then she should be the first to go. He remarks sounded like she hates athletes and men in general, if thats the case send her to Wellsley or some college that is all female.

Whatchoo talkin' bout, Father WASP?

Clough made statements on Friday, both in the AJC article and on Fox 5. We'll hear more (but hopefully not Moore) once they've decided what changes to make to the program.

I've known Carole for many years--or thought I did. She is not anti male, and I don't believe she's anti-athlete. At one time, she sat on the Athletic Board. Plus, in all the years that I had occasion to work with her in her capacity as acting Dean of Students, she never exhibited any kind of anti athlete sentiment or action.
It's as easy to throw stones, but you ALL have to realize that kids today have changed from what they were even 5 years ago! It very well may be that something more could have been done, but at this point, I'm just not sure. Reports in this morning's AJC,makes it seem that the aids to help SA's were in place. Maybe the failing was that those in charge just didn't know or understand Institute rules as they are now. Did someone drop the ball? Absolutely, but we still don't know who or how.

Back