Who will be THE offensive surprise contributor ?

AlaGold

Dodd-Like
this year? Last yr we had several choices by yr-end.But what about this year?My "hidden" surprise hope is for whoever plays center.Big and important shoes to fill there and we go nowhere unless that snap is done right and correct calls are made.
What do you think?

My vote goes for the entire offensive line.

I think last year, in the "lesser" games, our line play was TERRIBLE(thanks, Stephen A.). Too many missed assignments in terms of concentration and trying to do too much. The only time we really ran the ball well was when Hugh Reilly needed to push out on the play. Off-tackle and Off-guard were not great plays for us.
If the OL develops good chemistry over the next two months we're going to suprise some people.

We actually executed fairly well b/t the 20's; I think that will be a constant for Chan's teams. Last year, if we got inside the 5 yard line, we couldn't do a darn thing.

Must have a mindset of blowing defensive guys back and creating a new line of scrimmage.

Give 'em Hell, Tech

I\'m thinking, as a surprise,

that it'll be TE Mike Mattews (& with Darius Williams as a tandem). I think this position will be a huge & much needed strength.
Honorable mention goes to RB Chris Woods.
Frosh that u're not looking for could go to Mike Cox who may be a bull, blocking & toting, near the goal line.

Re: I\'m thinking, as a surprise,

I think Reggie Ball will be. With a full year under his belt, I think we will see a poised leader under center this year. After the season, I hope to be celebrating the fact that we will still have two years left with him taking the snaps. (and I hope his youngest brother makes it here)

Great choices Ace! I think you are right on, plus I might throw in Bilbo. THWG

I speak w/ Reggie's mom three times a week at work. She said something about his brother looking into C.Michigan. She passes little bits of info on community football in the area. I will see what else I can get a hold of.

I think that's where the other brother went. I wonder if she was talking about the one already there.

If the youngest is looking at C. Michigan, then he's not the calibur player I've heard about. I think that guy is good enough to play at a higher level than that, if what I've heard is accurate.

[ QUOTE ]
that it'll be TE Mike Mattews (& with Darius Williams as a tandem). I think this position will be a huge & much needed strength.
Honorable mention goes to RB Chris Woods.
Frosh that u're not looking for could go to Mike Cox who may be a bull, blocking & toting, near the goal line.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll be suprised if our TE's catch 15 passes total.

That is correct. I got my Ball's mixed up.

eli jr, just a feeling that ccg will find him a spot and he will suprise us all. the apple don't fall far from the tree.

Back