Who'd you like to see us play OOC?

swGAboy

Varsity Lurker
Who\'d you like to see us play OOC?

I enjoyed it when TECH went home/home with BC and Arizona. Who would you guys like to see us play? How about a GT matchup with Meecheegan, UT, Southern Cal, Texas, or Washington?

Re: Who\'d you like to see us play OOC?

I am assuming that we will revert back to the 11 games schedule when the 12 game thing runs its course... and assuming that we will play 8 conference games, even if the ACC is split into two divisions of 6 teams... this will leave us 3 OOC games a year...

One will be taken by Georgia... the other two..

I would really like it if we could rotate one of those games between Alabama, Tennessee, Auburn, Notre Dame, and LSU .. playing each team for a home and home each decade...

the remaining game would be played against a team from another part of the country... would like to see us matched against the Big Ten, PAC 10, or Big 12

Jacketguy, that would make for tough and interesting schedule. I wouldn't mind seeing your scenario play out at all.

I'd like to see Auburn kept and Alabama rotated in for good measure. Tennessee wouldn't bee too bad, if you can get past the dental issues. South Carolina is iffy, but if we can't schedule the aforementioned would be OK.

Wouldn't mind adding Purdue, we owe them one from '78 Peach Bowl.

Seriously, I don't think we will have the quality depth to take on the Auburns, Michigan, etc, in addition to the now enhanced ACC bullies plus the annual game with UGAG.
We would be gluttons for punishment to take on a schedule like that. Just my opinion.

I would not mind seeing UGA dropped and Auburn added in their place. My hatred for the dogs is too unhealthy for me to ever enjoy our game with them. Win or lose...it always feels like an anal exam by Dr. Longfinger.
BOO

Boston College, Notre Dame, Central Florida, East Carolina, Tennessee, Alabama, Auburn, Florida, Purdue, Pittsburgh, West Virginia, South Carolina, Southern Cal just to name some.

First and foremost, take football seriously, and then and only then, add Auburn permanently and then rotate UT and ND. THWG

You know, I never had given it a thought before, but I dislike being around that bunch of barking fools from Athens so badly, that I almost wish we would drop them. But the reality is that the only way we can get any respect in this state is to play them and beat them. I just wish the playing field was a little more level. I will say that I will never again go to Athens after the way we were treated last year. As for who I hope we put on our OOC schedule, try ND,Texas A&M, and Arizona.

With the added strength of the ACC, if we ever want to go to bowl game we need to add the easiest Div I teams we can find. SEC powers like UF,Tenn and the Dawgs always get two easy wins from the OOC schedule. If we 7-4 and two wins are UCONN and New Mexico state we still go bowling. Go 5-6 with losses to Oklahoma and Michigan and we looking for new coaches and contributuions to the AT fund will dry up. Our team could be better than last year team but with the harder OOC we will not go blowling

I could care less about ND,but really enjoyed kicking Stanford's ass! How about adding them?

drinking.gif

Originally posted by GoldZ:
First and foremost, take football seriously, and then and only then, add Auburn permanently and then rotate UT and ND. THWG
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Ah, you beat me to it -- I had the same choices for OOC teams. In many ways, the rivalry with Auburn was more intense and enjoyable than with UGAg.

Whoa! Wanting to drop Ga. is giving up. No freaking way. The only way to shut them up is to beat them. I had no problem from them '98 thru 2000.

What I do find humorous is the Tech fans that complain that their wives and children were not treated well in Athens. They never will. You must leave them at home.
The Cesspool of the South monikor is not by accident. In general, their fans are horrendous to everyone. That is why its so much damn fun beating their ass.

Listening in on the Ugag radio call in show after a loss to us is priceless. Give that up?,never.

I would like to see us play Oregon. I see similarities between the programs. My dad played there as well in the early '50s.

Originally posted by bobby dodds ghost:
I would not mind seeing UGA dropped and Auburn added in their place. My hatred for the dogs is too unhealthy for me to ever enjoy our game with them. Win or lose...it always feels like an anal exam by Dr. Longfinger.
BOO
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I agree. Much rather go to Auburn/Tech than Tech/Georgia, but that's just my preference.

I think our schedule will depend to some degree on how the ACC either splits into divisions or schedules through 11.

If we end up in some southern division with FSU and Miami - -plus Clemson, NCSU and maybe Wake or Duke - plus 3 rotating among the rest of the ACC - that is a murderer's row conference schedule. We would be foolish not to schedule 1 patsy, 1 decent to good team and UGA (all this talk of dropping UGA is nonsense). IMO it would be hard to justify a routine mix of Auburn/Tennessee/ND as the decent to good team. The schedule just becomes too overwhealming for us as a routine schedule. It is a cost of expanding the ACC with Miami.

If we get put in a division that doesn't have both Miami and FSU every year - then we have a shot at keeping an Auburn/UT/ND game as our second OOC game. But I still think we need a directional patsy in there as well.

All these ideas of 3 incredibly hard OOC games are not realistic IMO. If we had stayed in the old ACC and been able to count on a couple of Duke/Wake type games every year we could have kept 2 SEC big time games plus a patsy. I really don't see it for us in the revamped ACC. The old FSU type of schedule was to count on a couple of patsies in the ACC and go hard OOC. I will be curious to see what FSU does as well.

And yea I know we need to be able to beat Wake routinely but I assume we are going to be at that level.

I wouldn't mind seeing some Big 12 opponents. The Texas schools as someone had said, also someone like Colorado or Kansas State I think would be fun.

I just want to beat Tennessee, ND, and some west coast team with that "I wish we were in the southeast so this could get some respect" west coast offense.

Well, I'd like to of course continue the UGA game. I'd like 1 patsy per year...a directional school would suffice. Then, I'd like Auburn. If not Auburn, then let's rotate Auburn with some national schools from the NE or Big Ten and Pac-10.

Great suggestions guys! True, with the addition of VT and Um the schedule will be tough. What about home/home series with other schools that aren't top 25 programs year in, year out. Such as: Illinois, Missouri, Oregon State, Texas Tech, etc. Just a thought..........

Auburn, UT & UGAg.

I'd rather see an exciting, tough game with a chance to win than a boring, easy game against a patsy where everyone knows the outcome. A win over Auburn or Tennessee would be very big, whereas a win versus a patsy means almost nothing.

TECH vs. most SEC schools = excitement
TECH vs. most non-regional schools = yawner

Back