Who's read Clough's article in latest "Tech Topics"?

bobby dodds ghost

Damn Good Rat
Who\'s read Clough\'s article in latest "Tech Topics"?

Got my copy in the mail today. Big article about Clough's involvement with NCAA Academic Reform Rules changes. This obviously was written and sent to the presses before any of the recent "flunk-outs" occured. It's a must read to help understand the new rules, and how Clough is helping to drive this reform.
One untimely quote from Clough about Braine's ability to oversee these tricky times is:
"We will have to make sure our academic support services for student athletes are first rate. Dave Braine and his staff have proven they are up to the task. He has done an exceptional job in improving our graduation rate and ensuring the academic success of our student athletes."
Bet Clough wishes he had known a little more about his good ol buddy Braine before this went to press. I hope everyone gets a chance to read this article.
BOO

Re: Who\'s read Clough\'s article in latest "Tech Topics"?

Oops!

drinking.gif

If ever there was a bearded ,ivory tower, pointy-head, PC spouting academic, out to deemphasize athletics, Clough is straight out of central casting.

Right on Ramsting. This guy and his type are at war with us. He will continue to wake up every morning, tuck that turtleneck into his blazer and have that smug look of satisfaction as he takes us down - but notice he isn't making a dent on our opponents - until he run off.

Originally posted by bobby dodds ghost:
Got my copy in the mail today. Big article about Clough's involvement with NCAA Academic Reform Rules changes. This obviously was written and sent to the presses before any of the recent "flunk-outs" occured. It's a must read to help understand the new rules, and how Clough is helping to drive this reform.
One untimely quote from Clough about Braine's ability to oversee these tricky times is:
"We will have to make sure our academic support services for student athletes are first rate. Dave Braine and his staff have proven they are up to the task. He has done an exceptional job in improving our graduation rate and ensuring the academic success of our student athletes."
Bet Clough wishes he had known a little more about his good ol buddy Braine before this went to press. I hope everyone gets a chance to read this article.
BOO
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">BDS: Is there a way I can get a copy of this? Thanks for your help!

Dear lil Missy
Tech Topics Magazine is available at the Alumni House on North Ave. If you can't go by in person, give them a call and I bet they would mail you one. They are listed under publications at the Ga. Tech Alumni Assoc.
BOO

Prez. clod has got to go for the good of Tech athletics!!!!!

Fwiw, it seems like Clough would have done something to address the unfavorable effect that transfers and early outs for pro drafts have on programs, or is that too helpful to having a program look bad enough to deemphasize major sports?!

drinking.gif

Originally posted by bobby dodds ghost:
Dear lil Missy
Tech Topics Magazine is available at the Alumni House on North Ave. If you can't go by in person, give them a call and I bet they would mail you one. They are listed under publications at the Ga. Tech Alumni Assoc.
BOO
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">BDS: Thx! - will call to get a copy.

Back