Why CPJ left the Diamond Formation in 2013

I think there's an interview with CPJ after the 2013 Duke game where he said they were switching back to mainly under center flex because that's just what they do best. He may have said STTE of "dance with the one that brought you". Seemed like a weird decision so shortly after Duke when we did really well. I guess he didn't want to keep switching between shotgun snapping and under center.

Pretty sure it was John Bond who we hired away from Cal Berkely that introduced CPJ to the diamond. There was a lot of buzz in the preseason about it but ultimately, I just don't think CPJ thought it added anything so he gave up on it.

??? Bond was the oc last year of chan he came from no illionis if i recall. He was never at tech with johnson; he left with chan. Unless i am forgetting something

Pretty sure it was John Bond who we hired away from Cal Berkely that introduced CPJ to the diamond. There was a lot of buzz in the preseason about it but ultimately, I just don't think CPJ thought it added anything so he gave up on it.
Bond worked for Gailey

I think there's an interview with CPJ after the 2013 Duke game where he said they were switching back to mainly under center flex because that's just what they do best. He may have said STTE of "dance with the one that brought you". Seemed like a weird decision so shortly after Duke when we did really well. I guess he didn't want to keep switching between shotgun snapping and under center.

Iirc the context was he felt like we didn't run either that well so he felt like he'd focus on the one he felt like he knew better.

I rememeber CPJ saying we need to do "what we do good" and we aren't doing the diamond well so we are going back to what we know and can do well - the TO under center.

Back