Why do we hate them ?

thegtstunner08

Earl of Cheap Seats and Cold Pizza
I was asked a question recently from a good friend of mine why Tech fans hate uga. While I looked at him sideways when he asked this, it really was a legit question. I know all of you have different reasons, and I'd love to hear. I really only have one reason for my disdain for them- it's their fans. The truth is my father is who I have to thank for being a yellow jacket. He graduated in '75 and it rubbed off on me. As a kid, I got made fun of for wearing tech gear and pulling for them but it didn't bother me. However, the older I got, the more obnoxious "they" became. I could care less about Athens, the school, the players, etc. Their fans just rub me the wrong way. I don't like them. Why can't they be cool like Clemson fans? At least Tiger fans show some sense of decency.

Jdm22

Varsity Lurker
Let’s see...
1. their fan base’s attitude of entitlement, superiority, and all around redneck stereotypes they embody
2. Their fake dismissive attitude about tech gets to me the worst
3. Their colors
4. Their mascot
5. The 51-7 hole in my heart that will one day be avenged
6. My grandfather taught me to
7. It was written on my freshman RAT cap...so I will always continue to hate with all that is within me. What’s the good word?!?
I could go on, but in all seriousness their typical fan base makes it so easy and fun to hate them...99% no affiliation with the school just annually disappointed bandwagonneers.

18in32

Petard Hoister
I was asked a question recently from a good friend of mine why Tech fans hate uga. While I looked at him sideways when he asked this, it really was a legit question. I know all of you have different reasons, and I'd love to hear. I really only have one reason for my disdain for them- it's their fans. The truth is my father is who I have to thank for being a yellow jacket. He graduated in '75 and it rubbed off on me. As a kid, I got made fun of for wearing tech gear and pulling for them but it didn't bother me. However, the older I got, the more obnoxious "they" became. I could care less about Athens, the school, the players, etc. Their fans just rub me the wrong way. I don't like them. Why can't they be cool like Clemson fans? At least Tiger fans show some sense of decency.
Seriously? They literally claimed we were traitors rather than admit we were better than them. Among many other indignities, insults and absurdities.

BackstreetBuzz

GT fan for 60+ years
Sorry, but I don’t. I love to beat them, but I think they have a great sports program and a pretty good school. When some UGA fan rails against GT, I just chalk it up as someone with an inferiority complex, but it goes the other way to.

When I was growing up, the UGA guy who “owned” our small North Georgia town always referred to me as the only person in the county smart enough to go to GT. I thought that was classy.

LeonardWood

Dodd-Like
Seriously? They literally claimed we were traitors rather than admit we were better than them. Among many other indignities, insults and absurdities.
Additionally, dwag fans never miss an opportunity to talk öööö about GT, but will always claim they are "just messin' around" or whatever afterward. No insult from them is should be taken seriously, while every comment/insult/etc from GT fans is proof that we are deranged nerds who are deeply envious of them. Similar behavior patterns are found in everything they do, including administrative governance/funding from BOR, etc (see the School of Commerce). Everything is a one-way street with those assholes.

wesleyd21

Dodd-Like
I can’t stand their fans at all BUT getting to see them not win it all for all 38 years of my life has been a blast.

smokey_wasp

Dodd-Like
Why is water wet? It's just baked into my DNA. I always hated how that team from Athens had so many fans in MY town. It is infuriating. I don't identify with anything about Athens, and certainly, their fans are the worst.

I am so glad CGC gets Atlanta and what Tech's place should be in it. Let the rednecks have the rest of the state, but this town, the most important one, the actual civilized one, should be ours.

RussianOffense

НЕТ ВОЙНЕ
Sorry, but I don’t. I love to beat them, but I think they have a great sports program and a pretty good school. When some UGA fan rails against GT, I just chalk it up as someone with an inferiority complex, but it goes the other way to.

When I was growing up, the UGA guy who “owned” our small North Georgia town always referred to me as the only person in the county smart enough to go to GT. I thought that was classy.
Go to hell

texstinger

Dodd-Like
First - scumbags like lewis lizzard and jim minter.

In addition to the many other legitimate reasons given above, I have many friends / people I grew up with that are gaggers.

They, like myself, hate to lose to the other. Be it in golf, cards, or our sports teams. But they are good people and we all, over the years, have been a rock for each other when needed.

Yukonwreck

Dodd-Like
Let’s see...
1. their fan base’s attitude of entitlement, superiority, and all around redneck stereotypes they embody
2. Their fake dismissive attitude about tech gets to me the worst
3. Their colors
4. Their mascot
5. The 51-7 hole in my heart that will one day be avenged
6. My grandfather taught me to
7. It was written on my freshman RAT cap...so I will always continue to hate with all that is within me. What’s the good word?!?
I could go on, but in all seriousness their typical fan base makes it so easy and fun to hate them...99% no affiliation with the school just annually disappointed bandwagonneers.
Yes, and more. For me, other than my father and uncle went to Tech and I was pre-ordained to attend, the masses that "love" Georgia, bark incessantly, and have decals on their trucks, and couldn't find Athens with a GPS. Unlike you and I, they have no rational reason for their fandom except "it's Georgia, woof woof." They can't acknowledge the academic difference because they can't fathom it. What does calculus have to do with dove hunting, or fishing for crappie? They picture themselves as the salt of the Earth, the quintessential good ole country boy, when in fact most are toothless meth freaks at the trailer park.