Why do we hate them ?

AlabamaBuzz

Dodd-Like
It is kind of strange, that since I went to high school in NW Ga, I have a lot of UGAG friends, and of course, I grew up as one also. The thing I dislike most about UGAG fans is their mythological sense of accomplishment and overall arrogance. They remind me of BAMMERS, especially their trailer park fans, but they have no real reason to have such an attitude of superiority in college football.

thegtstunner08

Earl of Cheap Seats and Cold Pizza
It is kind of strange, that since I went to high school in NW Ga, I have a lot of UGAG friends, and of course, I grew up as one also. The thing I dislike most about UGAG fans is their mythological sense of accomplishment and overall arrogance. They remind me of BAMMERS, especially their trailer park fans, but they have no real reason to have such an attitude of superiority in college football.
There's never been a truer statement. Bravo.

theStingT

Varsity Lurker
Remember the TV movie "The Day After"?
1981 was "The Year After" for Tech fans. They literally thought they would never lose to us again. Of course, I was in Sanford on that glorious day in 1984 when Lord Dewberry brought the unwashed to their knees and reality came crashing down on Dwagland.

Munsons personal campaign against us on his radio show in 1990, especially after we pasted them and he realized we had a shot at the MNC was pure hatred. Jeff Van Note, who actually respected us and was his co-host sometimes, must have been embarrassed. Some of his callers were mentally ill IMO.

LongforDodd

Dodd-Like
I got hit with a water bottle at the Reggie Ball, what down is it game.

I was on their side about the 30 yard line 8ish rows up cheering like an asshole, but still...

edit: not to blame Reggie for the down count. That was the fault of one of the worst offensive coaching staffs of all time.
My daughter, now a GT grad, had bourbon and coke spilled down her neck and into her jacket at that game...before the game ever started...by a drunk dwag fan. The fan was with her own mother.

I'm embarrassed I spent a year and a half there right before herschell arrived.

goose

Flats Noob
This is the one side -GT- I’ve chosen in life that I know I’m 100 % right.

Grew up in a family of sidewalk dog fans, went to some baseball camps at Tech in the 80’s and it was over, I had my team.

Entitlement, unfounded arrogance, the worst.
I know if I see a oversized suv double parked it’s a GD dawg fan. Piss on em.

thegtstunner08

Earl of Cheap Seats and Cold Pizza
I mean, it is easy to be a fan. Their shirts are on sale at Walmart all the time. Thankfully where I live, GT gets a lot a love in local Kohls, Target, etc.

Athletic Supporter

From a certain point of view
Where I work, in the DC area, I will come across a few people have the "G" up in their offices. However, when I ask them if they went there they always say, no, they're from Augusta, or Savannah, or some other place and went to a completely other school for undergrad. It's as if UGA football is the default team many Georgians root for. I feel this will change over time, starting with the 404 Takeover!

BigMaconDawg

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_NCAA_football_teams_by_wins

It's not "mythological". Take out the IVYs and we are #11 on the list of all time winning CFB programs. How is that "mythological"? We win. And we win lots.

daBuzz

Dodd-Like
We're not any more obnoxious than Florida fans, Miami fans or Auburn fans.

And if you think Clemson fans are "cool", then you just happen to be lucky enough to not know the ones I do.

The truth is, Tech fans dislike us for the same reason we dislike Florida--- Georgia is just a better football program than Georgia Tech, by any measure, and we have your number.

Now Florida isn't a better football program than Georgia, but until recently they beat us like a drum, and as a result we hate them. Fortunately for us, Kirby is going to change that. Our only rival for the next 10 or more years will be Bama. They are the only ones that will stand between us and a NC.
LOL. Better program. When you have 4 national championships instead of one, talk to us, dipshit.
They named the best player in college football award after one of our coaches - John Heisman.
They named the best coach in college football award after one of our coaches - Bobby Dodd.

Your only claim to fame is that a dude named Herschel has had a bad back for life from carrying the whole football team to your one solitary championship.
Hey, by the way, did you know that the Dwags are going to win the national championship this year? (Said every dumbass UGA fan every year since 1980. STILLLLLLLLL waiting.)

jacketpridecitywide

Varsity Lurker
Let's get one thing straight. I hate Georgia. Not just a childish knee jerk reaction, but along the level of the Chinese hating the Japanese for the rape of Nanking. We won't be friends. I won't send a dawg a Christmas card. I won't hold the door for them. I hope the worst happens to them and only to their fan base. If a dawg fell headfirst into a woodchipper, I would stand by the power switch to make sure it didn't shut off by accident.

Dawgs are an embarrassment to the human race.

We emerged from primordial sludge into a higher form of intelligence, capable of landing humans on the moon. Their evolution stopped at barking.

Even without football, I would hate them. Dawg fans, dawg students, and dawg alumni are the prime example of Darwinism. 9 out of 10 times, the last word a deceased dwag fan says is something like 'Hey man, watch this!' The bottom 1% of the 99% nationwide were the top 1% of their class at Georgia. Nobody roots for dawgs. Nobody hires dawg alumni based on their football record.

Regardless of football, dawg fans and alumni are among the dumbest people on the earth. They thought Neville Chamberlain would bring peace in their time back in 1939. Indoor plumbing is a mystery. Dawgs can't count to ten because one finger is stuck in their nose or their ass. Either way, something in Athens just doesn't smell right.

Dawgs always the best 5 loss team in the top 75. Next year is the year. Always next year.

UGA grad? TSA groper.

I hope every mutt out there chokes to death on the pubic hair of a rabid squirrel.

Let me tell you about my old neighbor. Big georgia fan. He was special needs. He had brain surgery. Lobotomy. After the front third of his brain was removed, he became a Georgia fan. Barked at people. Wore red. That sort of thing. Anyway, he was drunk one night back in the 80's, which, upon reflection, was just wrong. He was only 17. Genius was a wreck-up from the neck-up and was playing with firecrackers. Firecrackers + lobotomy + Georgia fan = recipe for hilarity. Barky McWalker lit a string of firecrackers. Did I mention he had both a lobotomy and was drunk? Lauren Munson forgot he lit the fireworks and started talking to his mom while holding lit firecrackers. Anyway, he can count to 8 and 1/4.

Upon genuflection, it's not just hate, it's just that I'm sick of paying for dawg stupidity. They make me sick. Dawgs are arrogantly ignorant. Oh, georgia won last weekend? Good for them. Please hand me my fries.

Please remember to spay and neuter your fan base.

Go dwags.
Sounds like your wife left you for a Georgia fan. Sorry to hear that