Why does our OL look like dogsh!t?

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
It was clear what you meant and to whom you referred. I am embarassed that a veteran poster need be advised of such.
I'm embarrassed that y'all don't know how to watch a football game

H-town

Helluva Engineer
This thread cracks me up. You idiots that think Gibbs should score every time he touches the ball are morons. Guess what. The other team has football players too. Just ask FSU if they played against football players yesterday.

gtGreg768b

Elemenopee
One high point that can't be overstated... This year, we aren't getting 1-2 false starts per drive. Even this past game, where we were doing all sorts of odd delayed counts to slow up KSU's jump-happy DL, we had a delightfully low number of pre-snap penalties.

The pass protection is pretty inconsistent right now. Sometimes the pocket was nice and clean and Yates had all day. Other times, the KSU DL was in the backfield immediately. I'm ever the optimist, so I'll fall back on the idea that the OL is gelling/working on communication.

GTRules

You’re Mamma
This thread cracks me up. You idiots that think Gibbs should score every time he touches the ball are morons. Guess what. The other team has football players too. Just ask FSU if they played against football players yesterday.
Word.

Liberty

Kayar hunu bhanda marnu ramro
No I expect we average 7-8 ypc against a team like K St at a minimum. Majority of carries should average 5 maybe 6 ypc, you get a handful of long runs to make your overall average look eye popping.

At some point this program needs to start turning the corner. The excuses are getting old.

BigDanT

J. Batt Fan
Because they have not played together long enough to have cohesion. Basically, two transfers, two freshmen, and two option holdovers.

Things are coming together. But there is definitely work to do.
I really hope you’re right

WracerX

Dr. Dunkingstein
We had 36 rushes for 158 yds. Smith and Gibbs had 55 yds on 2 runs. You strip those off and you got 103 yds on 34 carries. Our passing was better than I expected, but the rushing offense was fairly sorry. The OL blocking seems to be really out of whack. I just hope we were working on stuff today and it’s not indicative of our talent level because if it is we’re in for a really tough next 10 games.
GT/KSU 36 rush 158 yards
Alabama/Mercer 34 rush 158 yards

Sure, if we drop the best 2 runs, bama averaged a yard per carry more. But that begs the question, why can’t Bama recruit a home run threat at RB.

1982Jacket

Dropper of the F Bomb
Oh don't start with your stupid "just answer the question" BS. I have been quite clear in this thread with what I feel about the performance of our offensive line. If you are too stupid to read and comprehend it, then I don't think playing 20 questions with you will help you fix your dumbassery
Does your boyfriend put up with your lame excuses in the bedroom? Now answer the question, or betgter yet have him come here and post the amswer himself.

JJacket

Does your boyfriend put up with your lame excuses in the bedroom? Now answer the question, or betgter yet have him come here and post the amswer himself.
Really dude, let it go. It has been said that picking a fight with me is like rassling a pig in slop. You both get nasty and the pig likes it.

This is the football forum. Let it go. I am not angered by your juvenile "boyfriend" comment. The desired effect you are after is not happening and isn't going to happen. Let it go and discuss football already

1982Jacket

Dropper of the F Bomb
Both scrambles in the video were designed. In fact, on the subsequent Mcgowan TD, Yates recognized a blitz from the outside and had numbers. I realize you folks believe that every Gibbs play should result in long TD runs. He almost broke a couple however, I repeat, our OL was not a problem yesterday.
And I repeat - you're an excusemaker. In this case, for an O-line that played like dog crap,

Do you realize that something called the Reinhardt Eagles (WTF?) rushed for 172 yards and 7.2 YPC and scored 25 points the previous week against Kennseaw State? A freaking NAIA team!!!

Here are some interesting numbers about Tech's running success against this mighty Owls rushing defense:

First Drive: three runs of 2 yards or less
Second Drive: four runs of 2 yards or less
Third Drive: one run of 2 yards or less
Fourth Drive: one run of 2 yards or less + QB sack
Fifth Drive: two runs of 2 yards or less
Sixth Drive: one one of 2 yards or less + false start
Seventh Drive: one run of 2 yards or less
Eighth Drive: QB sack
Ninth Drive: No runs at all
Tenth Drive: What should have happened on almost every drive, given the opponent :bigthumbup:
Eleventh Drive: three runs of 2 yards or less
Twelfth Drive: two runs of 2 yards or less . . . end of game

That's 18 (!) running plays which gained 2 yards or less. And three QB sacks. Against a crappy little BCS defense which gave up 7.2 YPC to an NAIA team the previous week.

And Tech has some solid running backs - they are not the problem here.

But, hey, I'm a nice guy, so I'm gonna give you your excuse for next week if for some reason the O-line plays as poorly as it did in the past two games. Wait for it . .

"Well of course they couldn't do anything against Clemson, after all Clemson has one of the best defenses in the country and UGAg only got three against them, blah, blah, blah . . . ."

Barf.

1982Jacket

Dropper of the F Bomb
Excuses are worthless in defeat and unnecessary in victory.
Excuses are for losers.

1982Jacket

Dropper of the F Bomb
No I expect we average 7-8 ypc against a team like K St at a minimum. Majority of carries should average 5 maybe 6 ypc, you get a handful of long runs to make your overall average look eye popping.

At some point this program needs to start turning the corner. The excuses are getting old.
So very much this.

JJacket

And I repeat - you're an excusemaker. In this case, for an O-line that played like dog crap,

Do you realize that something called the Reinhardt Eagles (WTF?) rushed for 172 yards and 7.2 YPC and scored 25 points the previous week against Kennseaw State? A freaking NAIA team!!!

Here are some interesting numbers about Tech's running success against this mighty Owls rushing defense:

First Drive: three runs of 2 yards or less
Second Drive: four runs of 2 yards or less
Third Drive: one run of 2 yards or less
Fourth Drive: one run of 2 yards or less + QB sack
Fifth Drive: two runs of 2 yards or less
Sixth Drive: one one of 2 yards or less + false start
Seventh Drive: one run of 2 yards or less
Eighth Drive: QB sack
Ninth Drive: No runs at all
Tenth Drive: What should have happened on almost every drive, given the opponent :bigthumbup:
Eleventh Drive: three runs of 2 yards or less
Twelfth Drive: two runs of 2 yards or less . . . end of game

That's 18 (!) running plays which gained 2 yards or less. And three QB sacks. Against a crappy little BCS defense which gave up 7.2 YPC to an NAIA team the previous week.

And Tech has some solid running backs - they are not the problem here.

But, hey, I'm a nice guy, so I'm gonna give you your excuse for next week if for some reason the O-line plays as poorly as it did in the past two games. Wait for it . .

"Well of course they couldn't do anything against Clemson, after all Clemson has one of the best defenses in the country and UGAg only got three against them, blah, blah, blah . . . ."

Barf.
You're really going all in on our OL sucking. Now do the same for Alabama vs. Mercer and you'll come back with the same conclusion. Longest run of the day for Alabama was 16 yards. That's it. Their rising stats were almost dead nuts on ours.

I get it. You believe our OL sucks. I don't think so. We disagree. You seem awfully invested in proving your point at this juncture so declare yourself the winner of the debate. Walk down the hall and make sure to point it out to someone.

I still disagree with you.

1982Jacket

Dropper of the F Bomb
Alabama had 4.6 YPC against Mercer and won by an almost identical score.
And their fans and Nick Satan will tell you that their O-line played like dog crap. They have not run the ball well in either game.

But you get back to me after we beat Miami 44-13, OK?

WracerX

Dr. Dunkingstein
And their fans and Nick Satan will tell you that their O-line played like dog crap. They have not run the ball well in either game.

If we average 3.9 ypc against Miami, you’ll be happy?

JJacket

Dude, I said you won. Damn, what more does your ego need?