Why does our OL look like dogsh!t?

Lotta Juice

It's just apple juice officer
And I repeat - you're an excusemaker. In this case, for an O-line that played like dog crap,

Do you realize that something called the Reinhardt Eagles (WTF?) rushed for 172 yards and 7.2 YPC and scored 25 points the previous week against Kennseaw State? A freaking NAIA team!!!

Here are some interesting numbers about Tech's running success against this mighty Owls rushing defense:

First Drive: three runs of 2 yards or less
Second Drive: four runs of 2 yards or less
Third Drive: one run of 2 yards or less
Fourth Drive: one run of 2 yards or less + QB sack
Fifth Drive: two runs of 2 yards or less
Sixth Drive: one one of 2 yards or less + false start
Seventh Drive: one run of 2 yards or less
Eighth Drive: QB sack
Ninth Drive: No runs at all
Tenth Drive: What should have happened on almost every drive, given the opponent :bigthumbup:
Eleventh Drive: three runs of 2 yards or less
Twelfth Drive: two runs of 2 yards or less . . . end of game

That's 18 (!) running plays which gained 2 yards or less. And three QB sacks. Against a crappy little BCS defense which gave up 7.2 YPC to an NAIA team the previous week.

And Tech has some solid running backs - they are not the problem here.

But, hey, I'm a nice guy, so I'm gonna give you your excuse for next week if for some reason the O-line plays as poorly as it did in the past two games. Wait for it . .

"Well of course they couldn't do anything against Clemson, after all Clemson has one of the best defenses in the country and UGAg only got three against them, blah, blah, blah . . . ."

Barf.
3 out of the first 5 drives Alabama had against Mercer ended in punts. PUNTS TO MERCER!!!

Yes, there are definitely things that need improvement but enough with the histrionics

Liberty

Kayar hunu bhanda marnu ramro
3 out of the first 5 drives Alabama had against Mercer ended in punts. PUNTS TO MERCER!!!

Yes, there are definitely things that need improvement but enough with the histrionics
I’m betting there’s some sore rumps on the Bammer team. This is going to be a rough week of practice for them. I’m sure Satan is going to beat the tar out of them. Not sure who’s next in their schedule but I’m glad it’s not us.

GTRules

You’re Mamma
GT/KSU 36 rush 158 yards
Alabama/Mercer 34 rush 158 yards

Sure, if we drop the best 2 runs, bama averaged a yard per carry more. But that begs the question, why can’t Bama recruit a home run threat at RB.
They have good running backs but, according to the logic on this board, their offensive line sucks.

AlaGold

Dodd-Like
For all who think that our Oline is doing fine. We scored 22 vs NIU. Wyoming scored --50 on NIU. We could not run at will vs ksu. (WU had 244 on ground) vs niu) .Clem has given up no TDs.
So this week we will see how the Oline really performs -without comparisons to confuse us..

all4tech

Damn Good Rat
I don't think we are near where we need to be but KSU was shooting the gaps almost every play.

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
For all who think that our Oline is doing fine. We scored 22 vs NIU. Wyoming scored --50 on NIU. We could not run at will vs ksu. (WU had 244 on ground) vs niu) .Clem has given up no TDs.
So this week we will see how the Oline really performs -without comparisons to confuse us..
No games have anything to do with other games.

coit

Y’all got any more of that D Fence?
I don't think we are near where we need to be but KSU was shooting the gaps almost every play.
What did they have, 5 or 6 defensive offsides penalties? And got lucky on another that should’ve been on them I think.

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
Is that why Yates commented post game about how good the pocket was during the game? Because it wasn't and he speaks only in sarcasm?

gtGreg768b

Elemenopee
So is our defense awesome since NIU scored 43 on Wyoming?