Why doesn't Gailey speak for himself?

bobby dodds ghost

Damn Good Rat
Why doesn\'t Gailey speak for himself?

He comes across as hiding from the media on all news events. If I had just moved to town, I wouldn't have a dang clue who or what he is. Part of being a good Div.I head football coach is to understand the importance of the media- to use it to your advantage. He seems introverted, unconcerned. Can't figure the dude out. Is he a football coach getting paid big bucks to carry the school banner proudly.... or an accountant?
BOO

Re: Why doesn\'t Gailey speak for himself?

Check any of the media lately BDG?

From ESPN:

"I'm disappointed for these young men,'' Georgia Tech coach Chan Gailey said. "I hope that they will work toward continuing their education, and we will do everything we can to help them.

"This is a challenging school with high academic standards that will not be compromised.''

AND

"A degree from Georgia Tech is something special,'' Gailey said. "We constantly work with our players to make sure that they understand their responsibilities and have the resources to succeed.''

From my understanding those Gailey quotes are from a press release. Doesn't quite count the same as tackling phone or tv interviews. I'd say almost half the time press releases aren't even actual quotes from the person involved but one of their assistants.

Let's get some specifics. I'm still not taking this general statement that sounds like some PR intern wrote for him as anything other than cover. To lose one or two, OK. When they are packing cars by the dozen something is rotten in Denmark. At the bottom of it all appears to be a lack of motivation.

BDG...there was an Elvis sighting at the Cheetah III this afternoon... Still no sign of Gailey...

I'm beginning to think Gailey left after the Fresno State game. Nobody I know has seen either hide or hair of him.

I think, if he could get away with it, he would never come around except on game day. I do not like him as our HC.

Because you can see the strings on TV. I wonder what he scored yesterday?

That was Mike Price at the Cheetah. Think if someone threw in an annual membership he'd come to Tech?

Yeah...you are on to something! Atlanta is the world leader in titty bars. It's a perfect match. Price would stay at Tech forever if we all looked the other way.

BOO

Any Tennessee Jackets going to the Chattanooga Club meeting Monday to hear Chan? Please give us an update. Thanks. THWG

Originally posted by bizzybee:
I'm beginning to think Gailey left after the Fresno State game. Nobody I know has seen either hide or hair of him.

I think, if he could get away with it, he would never come around except on game day. I do not like him as our HC.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Bizzy... maybe you are spending too much time on the net.. Gailey is speaking, and quite often I might add..

from rr.com

Tech Coaches and Administrators Meet with Georgia Tech Clubs

May 8, 2003

Georgia Tech coaches and administrators, including head football coach Chan Gailey, basketball coach Paul Hewitt and director of athletics Dave Braine, will be speaking to Georgia Tech clubs throughout the state of Georgia and around the nation in the coming weeks.

Coach Gailey will begin speaking around the state of Georgia and neighboring areas in late May, with appearances scheduled as follows: May 19 in Chattanooga, Tenn.; May 20 in Birmingham, Ala.; May 22 in Griffin, Ga.; May 27 in LaGrange, Ga.; May 28 in Carrollton, Ga.; June 3 in Newnan, Ga.; June 4 in Columbus, Ga.; and June 5 in Rome, Ga.

Back