Why I hate Mark Schlabach

I have no doubt it'd be a little bit easier to get in if our name was Ohio State or LSU.

That said, I do think the committee at least thinks of itself as pretty objective.

This is what the preseason expectations are for our opponents:

-- Clemson, UGA, FSU and ND are all 9-3 or 10-2
-- The ACC Coastal has a couple of other 7-9 win bowl teams such as VT and UNC.
-- The ACC Coastal has no more than one really bad team.

If all that happens, and GT goes 12-1 and wins the ACCCG, then most likely we will get in. It would just be very hard to justify not taking us given the strength of that schedule. Very few teams go 4-1 against final-top-15 teams.

No way a 1-loss conference champion doesn't get in. That would mean all 5 major conferences have a team with no more than 1 loss. That is just not going to happen.

But what if that loss was to.... wait for it..... Alcorn St?

th

The same committee brought us such insight as "game control" and other nonsense verbiage. Until the silliness of corrupt voters are determining the 4 teams are done away with and adopt the conference champs and perhaps, two at-large teams, a team like GT is going to have to be perfect in order to get a shot.

Schedule strength be damned, that middle of the road SEC program passed the eyeball test!:BFD:

^THIS.

I'll never prefer human control/manipulation as was witnessed with BCS and, IMNSHO the CFP committee last year, over an unbiased, objective format like the one above.

....People already arguing why the playoff committee will or will not consider GT as a 1-loss ACC championship team. Whatever. Let's play some real games on the field and see what happens. Go Jackets

We have 6 hours of preseason left. As such, we are allowed to argue about GT going undefeated and getting screwed by the CFP committee.

Back