Why is everyone so angry? We should be happy...

ShadyJacket

Varsity Lurker
Why is everyone so angry? We should be excited!

The more we lose and get slaughtered, the closer we get to replacing our current "coach" with a coach.

I'm willing to accept 0-12 and sacrifice a season of enjoying rooting for GT football if it results in us getting a new coach, a coach that can get GT football back to a respectable level.

I hope the coach sets aside some of that 1 million dollars to help out some of the players who will now not make it to the NFL due to poor coaching and for those who wont get a degree due to poor academic assistance, and to those who could have been successful QBs at other schools.

Originally posted by ShadyJacket:
The more we lose and get slaughtered, the closer we get to replacing our current "coach" with a coach.

I'm willing to accept 0-12.....
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">shady,

You certainly make valid points. However, when you say you are willing to accept 0-12, you make it sound like that you have a choice.

Trust me....you don't have a choice.....we are all a captive audience. Might as well fasten your seat belt.

Another Brilliant Post By the I Hate Chan Club. Beeware i'd say good luck to awbarn next week to make you guys happy but i actually root for tech.
Enjoy athens Beeware. Good win against clems' son by the way. Tell mark we said Hi
GO JACKETS (Come on I dare ya to say it just once)

Come on then. Just say it once. GO JACKETS. It's not that hard for the team You Love.

I know you hate Coach...we've heard all that...Blah blah blah..
Come on YELLOW (waiting)
Or sing the fight song..
Not holding my breath...
bsmeter.gif

Actually,Shady..rather than "Anti-Chan" or "I hate Chan",most of the anti-FOC'ers can be labelled as "Chan is a great guy but have us convinced that he may not be suited to be the head coach at GT due to falling short of expectations that Tech fans have for the program." This may seem like semantics but MOST (that means not ALL)of the posters,whether they want to see him stay or go, are in agreement that he is generally recognized as an upstanding man of faith.There have only been 1 or 2 posters who seem to dislike him as a person.

Myself, I am waiting to see how the year unfolds.The barometer for me is 7 wins at he end of the year as this is a little below where the program was when he took over and thus allows some leeway for transition/adjustment/etc. Anything less will be data that says we are regressing under his leadership.Yes,I did watch the BYU game but don't want to extrapolate that over the entire season.My gut feel at this point is it will be ugly but as a Tech fan will try to remain optimistic.

Originally posted by B:
Actually,Shady..rather than "Anti-Chan" or "I hate Chan",most of the anti-FOC'ers can be labelled as "Chan is a great guy but have us convinced that he may not be suited to be the head coach at GT due to falling short of expectations that Tech fans have for the program." This may seem like semantics but MOST (that means not ALL)of the posters,whether they want to see him stay or go, are in agreement that he is generally recognized as an upstanding man of faith.There have only been 1 or 2 posters who seem to dislike him as a person.

Myself, I am waiting to see how the year unfolds.The barometer for me is 7 wins at he end of the year as this is a little below where the program was when he took over and thus allows some leeway for transition/adjustment/etc. Anything less will be data that says we are regressing under his leadership.Yes,I did watch the BYU game but don't want to extrapolate that over the entire season.My gut feel at this point is it will be ugly but as a Tech fan will try to remain optimistic.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I think you have also described the FOCer position. I, as a FOCer, am not sure CG is the coach for GT. I think he might be, but if it turns out he isn't, then I'll be happy to say goodbye. So far, I haven't seen anything to indicate that he doesn't deserve a Tech fan's support, and I haven't see anything to indicate he won't be an excellent coach for us. But none of us have seen much so far. I could easily be wrong.

But right now he IS our coach, no matter who likes it and who doesn't, and since he is, I'm supporting him.

Bellyseries...You summed it up for me as well...

Chan WILL get the usual 3 to 4 year stretch to prove whart he can do...Anyone with any reasonable objectivity would have to admit he has had 2 or 3 VERY terrible breaks that were out of his control...Flunkgate and the injury midseason to possible the best RB in the country who by the way Chan developed into that type RB...If he can do that ame magic with Reggie at QB over the next couple of years..then we will be OK...As to Flunkgate this took Chan by surprise as he hadnt only been here but one year and the makings of flunkgate were brewing from the prior year..chan and co. have corrected that with the replacement of Ms. Moore....

ShadyJacket, It is hard to believe any Tech fan would want Tech to lose for any reason.

Why would you not want Tech to go 12-1 the rest of the year with a bowl win? All it would mean is Gailey would have succeeded. If that were to happen, it would appear he would win big the next year.

Why would you want him to lose all of the games and be ousted? It appears, you don't like him and you just want to get rid of him.

Father Time

looks like beau bock's mentality is common with some other tech "fans"

You can bet, we all know who..There are a few here that are rooting for us to be beat every game... The thing i am confident in: The higher ups Know that this year is going to be almost impossible because of the numbers we have lost..We need another good recruiting year or two..WE WILL BE BACK !!!!!!

i want tech to to do well, but its obvious that we wont win with gaileys style of play. winning would require a new style of offense and a new coaching philosophy. if gailey can change his way of thinking, then we can win.

we could get lucky and win all our games the rest of the season without gailey changing what he is doing. but i dont want us to suddenly start winning games by a score if 3 to 2 by scoring one field goal and hoping the other team is too stupid to adjust to our 6-play playbook.

basically if gailey stops using his lame playbook that has never got any offense anywhere, then i will support him even if we lose all games.

throw deep on every down and ill support you.

yes gailey may be a good man (just becasue he is religious doesnt necessarily make a man good), but hes a crappy coach.

Shady, wouldn't you be ecstatic if CG suddenly turned into the fb coach we all want and we won the rest of our games? You cannot tell me that you would want him gone if we end up having a winning season.

Originally posted by BLACK WATCH:
The thing i am confident in: The higher ups Know that this year is going to be almost impossible because of the numbers we have lost..
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Uhhh, those people are responsible for why we just got waxed by a crappy BYU team as much as Gailey. They are responsible as much as anyone for "the numbers".

I don't understand your position. Who do you actually blame? At this point you are giving everyone a pass?

Are you saying our players just suck so bad they can't win no matter what?

Seriously, I don't understand where you think our problems are? Or do you think we don't have problems?

Black Watch,

As you are probably aware I support Chan Gailey 100% until he has a chance to prove himself.

I happened to read your comment under BEESERK's post:

"Originally posted by BLACK WATCH:
The thing i am confident in: The higher ups Know that this year is going to be almost impossible because of the numbers we have lost.."

Braine said infact the opposite at the Lunch Bunch last Monday.

He did said they they took the academic losses very seriously. He also said that the problems had been resolved and referenced summer school.

However, he also went on to say that the 'academic losses will not affect us as much as most people think'. He also said that he expected us to have a good year and surprise a lot of people.

How could any Tech MAN or FAN say that they would be willing to go 0-12 just to divest themselves of our head coach. I too, have questions as to whether Chan is the coach to lead this team but I don't harbor any ill will toward the man. Let us all remember before we start pulling the trigger on our scatter gun that no one has done Chan any favors since he has been here. I get as frustrated as anyone but I hope that if Chan doesn't make it that it won't be because we didn't give him a fair chance. After the revelations over the summer I have to wonder how many other issues that Chan has had to deal with that haven't surfaced yet. I said over the summer that I felt that Tech would win three games this season and I haven't seen anything to make me change my mind.

I'd like to see any of you guys tell Key or Daryl that *you'd* be willing for this team to go 0-12 to get rid of our head coach.

Damned keyboard cowards.

Originally posted by ShadyJacket:
throw deep on every down and ill support you.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Once again, somebody that needs to read
remcover.cgi

Back