Why is there knee jerk reaction

Wrecked

Varsity Lurker
to label anybody who suggests some criticism of Coach Gailey as hating him? I don't hate the man. I think he is a good Christain person. I would love to have dinner with him. However, I don't see why if someone points out something they don't like about the way he has performed his job, they are immediately labeled as a hater. I thought a message board was designed to allow us to voice our opinions on Tech football, kinda like a tailgate party. We all want the best for Tech. Nobody "hates" anybody.

Originally posted by Wrecked:
I thought a message board was designed to allow us to voice our opinions on Tech football, kinda like a tailgate party.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Yup. Personally I don't post anything here I
wouldn't say at a tailgate.

If someone, standing around the grill, said he
was upset that Gailey wasn't making more public
appearances I'd reply by saying he needs to get
recruiting and the team in order before he goes
out on the road shaking hands.

Also, don't take disagreement with negative posters
as bashing those posters. Often times its nothing
more than providing a different viewpoint and a
different opinion...

Originally posted by Wrecked:
to label anybody who suggests some criticism of Coach Gailey as hating him? I don't hate the man. I think he is a good Christain person. I would love to have dinner with him. However, I don't see why if someone points out something they don't like about the way he has performed his job, they are immediately labeled as a hater. I thought a message board was designed to allow us to voice our opinions on Tech football, kinda like a tailgate party. We all want the best for Tech. Nobody "hates" anybody.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I myself have used the "hate" term to label some. I'm referring to those (mainly Beeware and a few of his supporters) who seemed to want to get rid of Chan now...or during the season...or before the season.

As far as general criticism of Chan, I don't have a problem with it. I think he hasn't been all that impressive up to this point. He inherited a 7-5 team and gave us another 7-5 year. We played very badly in our biggest rivalry. We looked downright silly in our bowl game. We had a great upset on the road in Raleigh. Our offense didn't improve the slightest bit as the year went along. I thought that Chan/BOB's offensive game plans were terrible in some of our biggest games. OTOH, Our defense is better than it was in 2001. He also dealt with alot of key injuries. To me, his first year was a strange mixed bag of good and bad. He's got a lot of work ahead of him to improve this program.

I think it's fine to criticize Chan. I disagree vehemently with those who are willing to post that they want to see him run out of town right now. But otherwise, I can understand people's criticism.

This whole nonsense about he needs to be recruitng and making game plans is a joke. There is certainly plenty of time for Gailey to sit down and spend a couple of hours shaking hands and eating dinner at alumni events.

If he can't make time to do that then maybe we are in trouble as far as recruiting and coaching goes.

drinking.gif
Beat wake!

Originally posted by bugboy:
[.[/qb]
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I myself have used the "hate" term to label some. I'm referring to those (mainly Beeware and a few of his supporters) who seemed to want to get rid of Chan now...or during the season...or before the season.

Bugboy:

So let me sure I understand, if some of us think that Chan should be fired following a 7-5 season that included a record-breaking loss to UGA and the SVB, then we are Chan "haters" and the term fits?

Interesting analogy.

Originally posted by 71Bee:

Bugboy:

So let me sure I understand, if some of us think that Chan should be fired following a 7-5 season that included a record-breaking loss to UGA and the SVB, then we are Chan "haters" and the term fits?

Interesting analogy.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Look, it's just an expression. I don't literally mean that you "hate" anyone (except Beeware). Everyone is entitled to their opinion about Chan...even if I vehemently disagree. And I vehemently disagree with those that want Chan fired.

Gee I dunno Bugboy, doesn't seem quite right for someone to be so strongly emotionally attached to a head coach. You know, sooner or later they all leave.

Perhaps one of Bellyseries' sugartits will ease the pain.
wink.gif

Originally posted by 71Bee:
Gee I dunno Bugboy, doesn't seem quite right for someone to be so strongly emotionally attached to a head coach. You know, sooner or later they all leave.

Perhaps one of Bellyseries' sugartits will ease the pain.
wink.gif
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">So, let me see if I understand. Just because I don't want Chan fired right now, means I'm emotionally attached? Okey Dokey.

Coach Gailey will be fine. He will prove himself to be a better coach than O'Leary or what was the coach before O'Leary? Oh yeah, Bill Lewis. Tech hasn't had a good coach since Bobby (I can't take it anymore) Ross. Take it from me, as a former coach in the SEC, he will be fine.

Originally posted by wallybutts:
Coach Gailey will be fine. He will prove himself to be a better coach than O'Leary or what was the coach before O'Leary? Oh yeah, Bill Lewis. Tech hasn't had a good coach since Bobby (I can't take it anymore) Ross. Take it from me, as a former coach in the SEC, he will be fine.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">So, Wally, where ya hanging out nowadays? Heaven or hell? Have you given any secrets to the Bear lately. Bisher claims you did.

Jeez,

Now I'm really nervous. We've got VD (pretending to be Wally the great one) asking us to keep Gailey.

Don't worry, next year you will be fine. I heard CG is recruiting the best long snapper in the state!!!!

Totally agree, Wrecked, as that's what I've said many times over the past week.
A year of support & then 1 opine about recruiting appearing messed up &, poof, u are a Gailey 'hater, basher, undresser, derrogatuer, et al'.
Gosh, I love Tech fans. So correct that u must have a firm stand one way or the other, even when everything is still so up in the air all around.

Back