Why not a letter from Chan?

buzzy bee

Varsity Lurker
I thought we were suppose to be getting a more "fan/media friendly" coach than what we had prior. Instead we have a head coach who has seemingly hid in the bunker since the end of November..only to come out in late December for our unsuccessful trip out west.

I would have rather received a letter from Chan encouraging the fan base as to what next season would bring. What's the deal here?

A. Do we have a coach who is clueless as to what the actual problems are and therefore cannot address them?

B. Do we have have a coach who is just cashing a check and not putting in the hours that it takes to take our program to the level that the fan base expects?

C. Do we have a coach who is so busy addressing the issues that we face that he does not have time for such administrative issues as a letter to the fan base?

Who knows? I hopes it's C. I guess only time will tell,

buzzy,
Looks like a trick question....Both A and B seem to be correct.

To paraphrase Blazing Saddles, "we don't need no stinking letter".

Seriously, if someone has ever heard of a coach sending a letter to fans, except as part of the annual buy a season ticket pitch, or donate more dollars scam, you are one up on me. It might be nice, but I'm not sure what anyone would want it to say. We all know we sucked against Uga and were flat in the bowl game. Would you feel better if you got a letter in which he said that? And that he wouldn't let it happen again?

I guess I just don't understand what you want a letter to say.

That said, I wouldn't have any problem with him being more available in the media, but that doesn't seem to be his style.

I agree ncjacket.

Frankly it doesn't matter how he was presented to the fans. The fact is that he isn't the type that likes interacting a lot with the public. Would I like to see him be? Yes, but he is what he is. Forcing him to be something that he isn't would only make matters worse.

It is my understanding that Chan will be making an appearance via video phone from an undisclosed and remote location on Feb. 5.

drinking.gif

I've found Coach Gailey very fan friendly. Maybe not in the way some of you want him to be. He's engaging and friendly. Has always taken time to speak and answer questions when asked.

Hope to see some of you for signing day activities in Edge Center that morning and AMC that night.

BTW, from all indications our Head Coach works extremely hard.

GO Jackets!

GTT,

I've heard from a few people who agree that he is very friendly and enjoyable to speak to when they've meet him. I think the more he gets comfortable with the college game that we'll see him interact more often with the general public and thus allow him to have a better perception with the fan base. However, I'm not sure he will ever be the kind of guy who is in the press a lot and basically being a high profile type.

I do believe that he is working very hard right now and that obviously prevents him from dedicating more face time to the fan base.

GTPilot, I would think it would be a little clumsy for him to interact with the masses right now knowing how uptight most of us are. Maybe, just maybe things are not quite as bad as they seem. I doubt it but we can hope.

Originally posted by buzzy bee:
I thought we were suppose to be getting a more "fan/media friendly" coach than what we had prior. Instead we have a head coach who has seemingly hid in the bunker since the end of November..only to come out in late December for our unsuccessful trip out west.

I would have rather received a letter from Chan encouraging the fan base as to what next season would bring. What's the deal here?

A. Do we have a coach who is clueless as to what the actual problems are and therefore cannot address them?

B. Do we have have a coach who is just cashing a check and not putting in the hours that it takes to take our program to the level that the fan base expects?

C. Do we have a coach who is so busy addressing the issues that we face that he does not have time for such administrative issues as a letter to the fan base?

Who knows? I hopes it's C. I guess only time will tell,
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">If I can be honest, this post makes me sick. You make these assumptions because you WANT them to be true. What have you to go on and say that any of this could be true. You want him to be completely focused on recruiting and the issues at hand, right? Then do you really think he should direct his attention to how much we are clued in on? THAT IS NOT HIS JOB.

What do you mean? As a grad, a season ticket holder and a fan..why would I want anything other than C to be true. As I mentioned before I hope Chan's working his butt off out there to get the recruits we need in here. Personally if you ask me (to be honest here)..I am not ready to make a statement as to whether Chan is the man to lead us for the next 10 years or as others say he is a Bill Lewis clone.

In regards to his communication to the fan base, I want bugboy's comments to ring true. When recruiting ends, we hopefully will see and hear more from Chan and raise the confidence in the GT community. I think its needed..especially with 55,000 seats to fill. Hopefully some momentum will be created after the recruiting season ends. WE need it.

THE JACKET, sorry to make you sick.

Sorry about the start of my post. I'm a bit upset over somethings beeing siad. Shouldn't have said that. And I get what you're saying now.

if you want a letter from Chan .. do something very simple .. email him.

gailey responds to his emails .. and i say that from experience

Back