Will O'Leary coach through the playoffs

Wrecked

Varsity Lurker
Will O\'Leary coach through the playoffs

or take the UCF job immediately? The biggest mistake Chan made was thinking he could do both jobs when he was hired. He should have joined Tech right away. I understand his reasons but it set his learning curve back one year. It showed he did not realize at the time what it took to run a 1-A program.

Re: Will O\'Leary coach through the playoffs

"The biggest mistake Chan made was thinking he could do both jobs when he was hired."

Gailey never stated that he could do both jobs together. where did you pick that up? why do y'all keep making stuff up .. ?

Gailey honored his commitment, which was the right thing to do .. may not have been the right thing for Tech .. but it was the right thing to do anyways.

as a Tech fan who appreciates honor and integrity .. i can recognize this .. can you not?

on the other hand we have O'Leary. left us in the middle of our campaign for "greener" pastures and did not honor his contract.

yet as a Tech fan I appreciate what O'Leary did for Tech. Does O'Leary appreciate what Tech did for O'Leary? Will we get our 1.5 mill back ever?

wrecked, I can buy an opinion that we shouldn't have hired Gailey if he wasn't willing to leave the Dolphins immediately. According to reports that's why he didn't get more consideration for the Ugag job. I can even agree that him not being here right away hurt us. But the fact is that Gailey was up front with everyone about what he felt his commitment was. He said he wouldn' accept a job if that wasn't acceptable. And we hired him knowing full well what his intent was. So I don't know how you can say it was a mistake on Chan's part. He did exactly what he said he would do. If there was a mistake it was Braine's and Clough's.

gee wrecked .. what do you think about this situation?

NCJacket, I agree, Gailey set the conditions of his hiring and we agreed to them.

Father Time

Originally posted by ahsoisee:
NCJacket, I agree, Gailey set the conditions of his hiring and we agreed to them.

Father Time
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I agree and appreciate him for it because it shows he is a man of his word and that he does what he has committed to do.

Originally posted by FAN OF BOBBY DODD:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by ahsoisee:

Father Time
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I agree and appreciate him for it because it shows he is a man of his word and that he does what he has committed to do.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Yeah, and not leaving still owing 1.5 million.

Back