Will Tech's Recruiting Pick Up

tommie

Varsity Lurker
Re: Will Tech\'s Recruiting Pick Up

Big Buck where did you get your information from i would like to read up on some recruiting also?

Tommie, some of it I got from the different services that I subscribe to, others by accessing newspapers around the country and others from sports magazines. I am a recruiting junkie and i'm always looking for information that relates to Tech.

Interesting,either we are changing our philosophy or we are making some real contacts.Considering that we hardly offered a visit unless we had a sure committment last yr then this might mean we are really in on some folks.
OR-- we may be just fertilizing so much seed we may get a decent crop by playing the numbers..Giving an offer doesn't mean much if there is not a good chance to accept but it may not hurt.We can always withdraw it if we get enough acceptances.

THANKS Big Buck keep the information comming.

AlaGold. This is the start of year number three for this staff in recruiting. That's the biggest difference.

Go Jackets!

Will Tech\'s Recruiting Pick Up

this year as opposed to last year? It looks as if we are very active on the recruiting front this year. Last year we rarely read about Tech being in on any top recruits early but this year is completely different. We have already offered Seth Watts a 6-5 290 pound OL from Washington county high school. UGA got a commitment from a DE
from Hawkinsville, Ga but Tech had also offered him as well. I read where Penn St. had a commitment from a RB from NY and Tech was their main competition for him as well.
I could name several others that Tech is actively recruiting but you get the idea. We were dead in the water in the early stages last year and it is difficult to overcome slow starts because recruiting is all about relationships but it is as different this year as daylight from darkness.
I have been especially impressed at how aggressive
it seems our coaches are this year as opposed to a year ago. This may just be portentous of a fine haul next Feb., lets hope so. By the way Seth Watts is generally considered the top OL in the state and he also made first team all-state this year. Lets get'em Jackets.

By the way Watts also has a perfect 4.0 GPA.

sounds great .. recruiting is an all year round affair nowadays.

no rest for the weary.

Very good ? BB. Did an earlier post on why this class is criticle to GT based on the 'stacking' of classes. 1 class doesn't particlarly hurt/help, but 'stacking' will determine your team. If we don't do some better in recruiting this yr, 5th-7th is almost a certainty for awhile. If we do better, we can move into challenging position, 2nd-4th, fairly soon.
Very glad to see the OL verbal, as we haven't been stacking quite enough linemen. If we can grab the L this yr, we'll start to build. Hoping we can get a very good early start in this criticle yr. As O'L said often "recruiting's like shaving, if you don't do it every day, you look like a bum."

Back