will we be ranked when we go to Charlottesville...

GaTeYeJa

Varsity Lurker
I think we should definitly be close to the top 25 if we can get these next two, but we don't need to take either Duke or UNC lightly. I know I just stated what everyone already knows. I just think it's great especially since I'm a freshman here now.

--Randall Ray Culbertson
--A GT Freshman
--Thanks GT Defense. Y'all got us the win against Maryland here. Let's go team. We gotta get the Dukies, next.

I completely agree about not taking Duke or UNC lightly.

Duke was much much improved under Roof yesterday and came very close to an upset over NCSU. They'll bring all they have to the game you can bet on that.

Also, UNC came within inches of tying Clemson and had many bad breaks. Needless to say, they played Clemson a lot better than we did. Durant is looking very good and is very mobile.

I think we've allready seen that Tech can't just show up against anybody this year. Both of these games will be hard fought and will not be easy IMO.

I beg ur pardon about showin up. We took FSU to the wire. The only teams we haven't showed up for have been BYU and Clemson.

Well, Auburn is toast in the top 25 for the rest of the season after last night. Also, if we win the Duke and NC games handily, I'm almost positive that we make it into the top 25. As a matter of fact, I wouldn't be surprised to see us move into the #24 or #25 position this week. There are several teams in the top 25 with 3 losses (if I saw it correctly on ESPN last night) and Tech has played the toughest schedule of all them!

But we don't get that much respect as teams from the Big 12, Big 10, and SEC. Look at Auburn. They beat a struggling Tennessee who almost lost 3 straight, an Arkansas team in a downward spiral having lost 3 straight, Western Kentucky, Vanderbilt, and 2-6 Mississippi State. After being blown out last night by LSU, how do they deserve 50 votes? No way.

Personally I'm not sure we'd deserve to be ranked even if we beat Duke and UNC. At 7-3 we're borderline at best IMO. If we take care of business against those two and then beat UVA then we're in. OTOH I don't really care...if we do take care of Duke and UNC things will work out.

Teams that were ranked during the previous week typically get more recognition than a team that hasn't been in the rankings all year. After all, you're not implying that all the people polled actually pay attention to all the teams out there, are you?
smile.gif

Originally posted by law_bee:
If we can take care of business at Duke and home versus NC I say that we have great chance to be in top 25 or very close.

A win there would definitely put us in top 25.

Who would have thunk it possilbe!

pat.gif
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I was discussing this with another fan today..we should be especially if we beat UNC and Duke convincingly....

If we can take care of business at Duke and home versus NC I say that we have great chance to be in top 25 or very close.

A win there would definitely put us in top 25.

Who would have thunk it possilbe!

pat.gif

Thunder, I agree with your perspective. Teams that are perceived as strong in preseason have to lose more games to drop down on the list than those not considered strong in preseason.

It has always been that way in the polls as far back as I can remember.

Father Time

I don't know if beating Duke and UNC will bring us up enough spots for the pollsters! I think we deserve more respect from the Coaches Poll than being at #36 with only 8 votes. 7-3 could do it, but we probably need to beat the Cavaliers to break in!

If we win the next 3, we will be definately deserving of a ranking, but they will not give it to us. We'll probably continue getting 5 votes. The only way they'll rank us is if we beat UGAg.

Would love to be unranked and heading towards the Gator Bowl... this team plays great as an underdog...
the polls are meaningless unless you're in the top 15 with a shot at the final 8... so all I care about are W's... and the next important # is 6... 6-3 is a sequence that I really didn't think we'd be seeing this year...
Way to go Yellow Jackets...
Beat the Dookie outta the Blue Devils...

It doesn't matter to me, but we will probably break into the top 25. Remember that teams will continue to lose over the next three Saturdays. Us winning twice in that span, riding a 6 game streak will get us in.

This of course is hypothetical. Little tiny Duke led by Ted (hey, that rhymes)scares me.

Back