Votes: 0 0.0%
  • lose

• win

• lose

• Total voters
You dudes have no faith. Can't you all see that we are going undefeated next year? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blue.gif

OK guys at least have a lil faith in the UGAy game. You cant jus expect to lose. What kind of fans are you guys?

I'm surprised by all the folks that take Clemson so lightly, especially the ones that pick Miami & UGag to beat GT. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/pat.gif

Picking us to beat Clemson isn't exactly taking them lightly.
I just have full confidence that we'll beat them this year, but I think it will be very, very close.

I take no one lightly including Samford. We will have many fights on our hands and should go into every game expecting to win. But if a loss happens lets fight to the end not like Clemson of last year. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/soapbox.gif

Amen to the OldFogger,
Can't agree any more. Just like snakes, oldfogger.
They all look like a hybrid cross breeding of Ananconda and Cobras with rattlers on their tails until proven otherwise.
I'm optomistic about the coming year at GT but going in to each game is like playing another national champion as far as I'm concerned. We'll have a good year if we can remember that each team we play can and will kick our case if we don't play our best game.

[ QUOTE ]
I'm surprised by all the folks that take Clemson so lightly, especially the ones that pick Miami & UGag to beat GT. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/pat.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

We have lost to Clemson 6 out of the past 8 games away from home. fwiw...I have seen two polls that have them in the pre-season Top 20.

[ QUOTE ]
Amen to the OldFogger,
Can't agree any more. Just like snakes, oldfogger.
They all look like a hybrid cross breeding of Ananconda and Cobras with rattlers on their tails until proven otherwise.
I'm optomistic about the coming year at GT but going in to each game is like playing another national champion as far as I'm concerned. We'll have a good year if we can remember that each team we play can and will kick our case if we don't play our best game.

[/ QUOTE ]

very true...looking at each game independently is dangerous...and if you are a true biased Tech fan...you can convince yourself how each game can be won.

If you look at the schedule...each team except for Samford is capable of beating us...and we are probably capable of beating each team except for Miami and UGA (please do not hurt me...just trying to be honest and look at the talent alone).

We Will Lose 1 Game

And that will probably be Miami. Something about those Florida teams. Just hope UF keeps up thier streak.

Samfrodo - Cut me a break - W - (I would have rather seen Rice on the schedule.)
Clem's Son - A hard won W
UNC - W - No brainer
Miami - See Above
Maryland - We beat them last year, should do the same this year. - W
Duke - Sorry Ted - You're going down. - W
VT - Newcomers get a rude awakening to the ACC. Miami they ain't. Put a "W" here.
NCState - Didn't thier QB get drafted? - W - Chuck goes and buys a new pair of shades. The "glare of gold" gets a little too bright for him.
Uconn - See Samfrodo - W
UVA - Too many wussy liberal arts majors. - W
UGA - THWG - W!!!

Samford: Sure thing, Don't count on it.
Not when the likes of Troy State and other upstarters can take a Div 1 powerhouse down to the wire.
Teams like Samford are the very thing that can ruin our season. No matter how much of a margin we may win by, it isn't enough with the voters, and if we were to get caught with our pants down, we will be in the basement.
I still have to agree with Old Fogger's thoughts.
Every team we play is capable of beating the Super Bowl Champions and we had better go in to the game with that mind set.
Also, these are the kind of games that the more powerful team's players let down some and wind up getting injured for the rest of the season.
Hope I didn't burst any bubbles but I say, let's keep up our guard.

I think you and Old Foggy are on to something Romejacket. Last season we tended to "play up" to quality opponents and conversely, "play down" to lesser teams.

Samford WILL be fired up to play us, and we don't play our best and stay focused we could be looking at an upset...which as you say, could set us back.

I think Coach Gailey has said that this is one of the goals this year...to give the "A" game EVERY game. Not to let up. If we can successfully do that and avoid costly injuries, then I think we could have a pretty good season!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blue.gif

If we lose to Samford....

...I'm moving to Canada. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugher.gif

Troy University (formerly Troy State) is a D1A school. Samford is D1AA. There really isn't any comparison. Samford didn't even make the playoffs last year. It shouldn't even be within the realm of possibility that this game is a loss.

The past two years we have lost to some bad teams (Duke, BYU, Fresno State...) but if we lose to Samford everyone within 1000 Miles of the GT campus should be fired.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/soapbox.gif

I don't mean to be a stickler, but I am not seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. I saw Ross win the NC in Orlando in '90. It seems like this team is on the verge of becoming the ol' Bill Lewis bees. Where has the tradition and the history gone. We are constantly becoming outrecruited by the mutts because of academics. It is becoming a tradition to lose to the mutts and they are far ahead of the rival standings. My hatred of these thorns should show my devotion to Tech athletics. Maybe Kim King should just donate another two million dollars to the university to get the ball moving. Where has Homer Rice gone? Freidgen, O'Leary? Don't forget this was a foundation formed by Ross. We have a long way to go and I am worried about us having a winning season this year. Someone please talk some sense into me!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wtf.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wtf.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wtf.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/drinking.gif

O\'leary?....

I guess you were not at that MD game when O'leary folded to Fridge. O'leary was losing games he was favored to win. THAT IS A BAD SIGN. O'leary without fridge was like a car without an engine.

I than Chan is doing a good job. We beat Auburn and Maryland last year and if O'leary was here I think we would be sub .500. I think our recruits are good enough to get the job done.

If we win the Clemson game we are going to have a "helluva" season IMO.

Re: O\'leary?...

This is my first post so forgive me if I seem hesitant in expressing my opinion. My dad graduated in 1950 and I can remember watching Tech and Clemson back when Frank Howard was coaching. It seems that the winner of this game is always poised to do something good the rest of the season and the loser is doomed to mediocrity. We badly need this game and Law Bee's analysis is on the money. Chan is a good coach and an outstanding representative of the Institute but he has got to win some more of the rivalry games like Clemson and Georgia. As always THWG.

Am wishing and hoping for a very successful season. Every team would like to win every game, that's logical (well maybe not ugag fans). But wake up to reality. To win every time you play you have to play up to full your potential each week, against each opponent,(unlike last year's game vs Duke). And sometimes the win's not there even after such effort (ie. last year's game vs FSU). Be it vs. a strong, or weak opponent, you have to play the game on grass, not in your head, and not on paper. Sometimes records matter. Sometimes they don't mean s--t. Look at the '84 Jackets who went into Sanford Stadium and destroyed the Dawgs on their own turf; BIG RIVALRY. Last year's Duke team gave our favored Jackets and good butt whoopin'. Again, BIG RIVALRY.
I hope this year's team and coaching staff will take each game individually, and not look ahead or past anyone. If they do then we're in for a long season. I'd love for the Jackets to go undefeated. Don't think we will, but would love to. Will settle for a winning season with this year's team giving 110% each play of each game til the final buzzer, win or loose. And a huge win over ugag.
Any given Sunday in the NFL; any given Thursday night or Saturday in college football.

GO JACKETS!!!!!!!

A friend who is a dawg fan challenged me to pick the games individually as some posters have done. So here goes: Samford Win (As someone noted if we lose this one everyone with 100 miles of the flats ought to be fired) Clemson Loss (The tigers are picked as a dark horse by some in the ACC race. This game will be close) North Carolina Win (Coach Bunting is a good man but this team has a cloud over it) Miami Loss (The talent level down there is ridiculous) Maryland Loss (This game may decide how good a team Tech has this year) Duke Win (Ted finds out about the true meaning of quality depth this year) Virginia Tech Win (originally I picked this as a loss but this team has serious issues) NC State Win (This one, like Maryland and Clemson has the potential to be a swing game I think the Jackets can pull an upset. We always seem to play well against this collection of thugs) Connecticut Win (There is no excuse for losing this one) Virginia Loss (Potential for an upset here. This team has tremendous talent but I question the coaching and heart) Georgia Loss (As much as I hate to admit it, Dogs are talented) There it is 6-5. For what its worth my friend thinks Tech is better than a lot of people seem to think. He was especially impressed with our running game last year and thinks we will win 7 or 8. As always, THWG

i picked tech to finish around 7-4 at the end of the regular season and i think i am being very optimistic about that. considering some of the slaughterings we took last year and some of the close victories, getting to a bowl game will be tougher this year than it has in recent years. also, someone said something about how we were sinking under o'leary. i cant think of anything further from the truth. yeah that one year after friedgen left the offense went down a bit but it has gone down even further under gailey. if o'leary had stuck around then he would have been able to get the offense flowing again once he got used to having no friedgen. i dont think gailey is a bad coach, but i would take george o'leary over him any day. before chan gailey came along, i could predict for gt to win 9 or 10 games in a season and not feel the least bit biased. i dont think gailey will leave the program in ruins, but i dont see us as a factor in the bcs any time soon either.

Back