Winkeljohn Article

All this QB talk is getting laughable. We have one QB who has actually completed downfield passes that look like a real college football play. In 2 games I remember one pass from Oliver which was the dump off to Howard that went a long way. I don’t remember any of Johnson’s passes. But Graham has actually completed passes down the freaking field. He did the same thing in the spring game. I just don’t understand what’s the hold up. Once we get past Citadel, every team we play will stack the box with 9 and make us look worse than we did last year since we start every play 5 yards deeper. At least the chuck and hope throws from Taquon worked a few times per game last year. Just rip the band aid off and let’s at least look like a new offense. At this point I’d rather throw 3 incompletions and punt than watch our RB’s get mauled behind the line scrimmage every other play. It’s a bad look. The only good thing so far is that both our games have been on the ACCN so no one has really seen us yet.
The holdup is the lack of an O line that can consistently provide a passing pocket. We are still seeing the fire drills in our backfield. I’m not sure if it’s the guys have not fully perfected the change in technique or a strength/size issue. But they cannot pass block worth a öööö.

most surprising thing from that story?

that winkeljohn is working for the AP now.

Back