With all the great football minds here

ThomsonJacket

I don't know
surely, one of you have coached a team on some level, right? Won some type of champonsship?
Been a part of a coahing staff? A player on a championship team? Not intended as a flame, I was just wondering how many x-players/coaches we have posting.
drinking.gif

Originally posted by Thomsonjacket:
surely, one of you have coached a team on some level, right? Won some type of champonsship?
Been a part of a coahing staff? A player on a championship team? Not intended as a flame, I was just wondering how many x-players/coaches we have posting.
drinking.gif
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I'm Bill Parcells.

i played, but.... i went to a very small high school. anything bigger than 400 students and i wouldnt have made water boy!

i own at college football games on ps2 though.
wink.gif

Originally posted by Thomsonjacket:
drinking.gif
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I played and coached. Granted, only I played up to College and we only made it to the smei-finals, but my coaching was 10-12 year olds. Nothing to scoff at!
wink.gif
Oh, and we won the championship! (We had a wishbone offense, and 3 boys who fit the wishbone perfectly: a BIG, physcial FB, a quick, scat-type HB, and a bigger, more physical HB who could run like you wouldn't believe)

I was an assistant coach at a high school that made it to the semi-finals at the Georgia Dome two years straight (region champs first year--single A level.)

But honestly, I still think I'm am quite a novice and don't think myself to possess any more football knowledge than others on this board. I do have a good sense however of team and player/coach relationships and the inner-workings of a football season.

There are some who obviously have more football smarts and then there are those who don't have a clue as far as football in concerened.

I live above my parent's garage and have a 2 inch willie. I know a lot about thermodynamics, so that must mean I know a lot about foozball.

Originally posted by Herr Goldshields:
I live above my parent's garage and have a 2 inch willie. I know a lot about thermodynamics, so that must mean I know a lot about foozball.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">This is the funniest post I've ever read. Perfect analysis.

I was third base coach for a girls' softball team. They wouldn't pay any attention to me either. Not a one of them ever stopped at third.

I played in high school and have coached as an unpaid assistant in high school as well as head coach for several years in youth fball.I also have taped every Tech game broadcasted and review it at least once to get a 2nd look.
Oh,I also have recruiting data on the last 30 yrs.
Of course, all that does is give me an opinion like everyone else.

Pretty funny Belly.

I am sure many have slept at the Holiday Inn. That should count for something.

Father Time

Originally posted by bellyseries:
I was third base coach for a girls' softball team. They wouldn't pay any attention to me either. Not a one of them ever stopped at third.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">That must have been you Belly. I never see one who wants to take extra bases at all. They just want to run station to station. Run to next base, stop, stand on top of it and look to see if its OK to run to the next.

I built the University of Bufalo into a perenial power on Playstation. I've always been surprised that my name is never mentioned for coaching positions with that sort of success.

Grade school thru HS
Coached children's ball for 20(+-) yrs.
Do not claim to be a brain in any sport whatsoever. GT's waterboy's girl friend has more football knowledge in her little left toe nail than I could ever have in my life. I'm just an old GT fan and supporter. I DO STRESS SUPPORT.

I am not a coach anymore, although I did coach youth football for a few years....and I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn last night...but I did warn everyone on here, in advance, about the disaster that would strike Tech if we hired the wrong coach.

They didn't listen....they did hire the wrong coach....and we are just beginning to reap the dire consequences.

It didn't have to happen....it shouldn't have happened....and it is a shame that it is being allowed to continue.

But at least no one on here can claim that it is a surprise.

In another thread, someone said Beau Bock was beginning to look like Nostradamus with his prediction, this year.

I told everyone in December of 2001.

I wish I had been wrong.

Originally posted by beeware:
I am not a coach anymore, although I did coach youth football for a few years....and I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn last night...but I did warn everyone on here, in advance, about the disaster that would strike Tech if we hired the wrong coach.

They didn't listen....they did hire the wrong coach....and we are just beginning to reap the dire consequences.

It didn't have to happen....it shouldn't have happened....and it is a shame that it is being allowed to continue.

But at least no one on here can claim that it is a surprise.

In another thread, someone said Beau Bock was beginning to look like Nostradamus with his prediction, this year.

I told everyone in December of 2001.

I wish I had been wrong.
[/QUOT

WHAT DISASTER WHAT DISASTER
confused.gif
I DON'T SEE KNOW DISASTER CAN YOU EXPLAIN THIS DISASTER TOO ME
rolleyes.gif

I coached youth football and took a team that hadnot been to the playoff in 10 years. The 1st year we took a very young team to the playoff the 2nd year we went to the superbowl and lost.the 3rd year we went to the superbowl and got blowed out(The fans said i was not a good coach and that we would never win a superbowl) the next year guess what 13-0-0 SUPERBOWL CHAMPS!!!!!!!! What some people don't understand on this board that sometime things take time the ship is not going down like a lot of these poster's think. I have now looked at the BYU game 3 times stopping it looking at all the fine points and i tell you every time i look at it i feel better and better. Now i didn't say we are a great team but we are not a bad team either and as the season continue you all will see what i'm saying.If it would make any of you feel better GG said on the insiders board that CG is learning and is doing a good job before to me he was anti-chan but i believe he see's things changing.AS I HAVE SAID BEFORE SO SAY I AGAIN WE SHALL SEE!!!!!!! nay sayers
mad.gif

Back