With the changes that are coming

BLEEDGOLD

TO HELL WITH GEORGIA!
with our coach, our offense, our uniforms, what does everyone think of bringing back the big (and I mean B I G) GT logo in the center of the field instead of the two small GT's that Chan liked. Bigger IS better!

I'm all for moving the GT logo back to the center of the field.

I like the current size, though. I think any logo that exceeds the 45 yard lines or extends out of the hash marks is to large and tacky.

with our coach, our offense, our uniforms, what does everyone think of bringing back the big (and I mean B I G) GT logo in the center of the field instead of the two small GT's that Chan liked. Bigger IS better!

while i liked the look of the big logo, there are some practical benefits to keeping the two smaller ones that are not in the middle of the field. this has to do with the logo being slippery when wet, and also seems to kill the grass in that area. running the ball will be key for us, so the big logo in the middle of the field may not make as much sense for us.

Gosh I hate it that we seem to be the only school in the U.S.A. with logo in the middle of the field problems.

Talk about bad luck.

And if it is slippery for us, how do our opponents not seem to have the problem on the same field? (must be because we keep using the wrong cleats like we did in San Fran. Yeah, that is it.)

Damn poor luck.

I cannot understand why "our" logo if large would present a slippery condition when nearly all center field logos college and pro have them and no one else has the problem.
I am just not buying that as an excuse for not having it...nor the one that states we get more exposure with two. Is a viewer NOT going to know what game they are watching? I just want us to hang GT in the best possible position ... because
WE ARE GT!

Forget slippery.

I think the two logos on the 35's look better. Makes BDS@HGF unique.

Have a friend that likes them as well. Personally, I can't stand the two smaller ones. It doesn't make or break my enjoyment of games at BDS@HGF, but I sure would love to see a larger GT on the 50.:D

Can we please talk some football? Spring practice just started and we are talking about F'in logo size?

I will never get GT Fans.

From what I heard, we took out the center field logo after the chairbacks were installed so they didn't feel they were on the "wrong" side of the field.

Gosh I hate it that we seem to be the only school in the U.S.A. with logo in the middle of the field problems.

Talk about bad luck.

And if it is slippery for us, how do our opponents not seem to have the problem on the same field? (must be because we keep using the wrong cleats like we did in San Fran. Yeah, that is it.)

Damn poor luck.

man, you guys are so friendly!!! i am just repeating what was said in the paper at the time. Besides, how do you know that others dont have a problem with it? maybe gold is more metallic than other paints and causes this, why do you guys have to be so damn pissy?

i think there is one more good reason not to have a logo in the middle of the field: no opponent can jump up and down on it and cause a scene. considering we play FSU, Miami, NC State and Ugay, that seems smart to me...

well, if we would just beat them then they would have no reason to jump on it.

At least it appears CPJ thinks beating ugag is important.

But we are not that much smarter than every school in the country to know what looks good on the field.

We should capitalize on the greatest logo in college sports.

It should be in the middle of the field, and it should be big.

And if there is some problem with metallic in the paint (gosh, that would have been a perfect excuse for ccg) then we also have White as a color.

Again, I guess we are too smart for that.

I couldnt find the articles about the GT situation exactly, but here is something i found online that applies and shows that maybe im not as stupid as you guys seem to like to imply.

granted, this is related to a soccer discussion, which is probably more affected by the paint when the ball slides across. but, the guy paints fields, he should know

"Being someone who has seen painted stuff on fields up close, I can give you a good reason. Paint on the field makes it slippery, especially if you add moisture. I understand the attraction of fields looking different like NFL teams (not to mention instantly having a clue who is hosting) but I like what MLS has done. It's not too much of an advantage to have a bunch of paint on the field and nobody wants a game decided from slipping on paint.
http://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-311500.html "

We removed the central logo when one of our runningbacks, can't remember which one, early in the days of Chan was running free towards the end zone
and slipped and fell. Just more of Chan's Luck.

well, if we would just beat them then they would have no reason to jump on it.

At least it appears CPJ thinks beating ugag is important.

But we are not that much smarter than every school in the country to know what looks good on the field.

We should capitalize on the greatest logo in college sports.

It should be in the middle of the field, and it should be big.

And if there is some problem with metallic in the paint (gosh, that would have been a perfect excuse for ccg) then we also have White as a color.

Again, I guess we are too smart for that.

To be fair to Chan, I don't think he was ever bitching and moaning over our logo not being the size he preferred, and I also don't think he ever called the administration/fanbase stupid because they didn't agree with it.

A lot of people like the smaller logos. It's not as open and shut as you think.

I want to see hexagons (Bee hives) painted in the in the endzones. Tennessee has the checker boards we could have the hives.

I want to see hexagons (Bee hives) painted in the in the endzones. Tennessee has the checker boards we could have the hives.

this has been mentioned a few times, and i think it would be pretty interesting to evaluate at least.

anyway, thanks for backing me up beej, at least someone actually remember stuff from more than 3 weeks ago

Back