With the changes that are coming

Didn't DRad want the two logos since with two logos they are more likely to end up on most TV shots?

I could be wrong.

Seriously, guys, Chan had it changed because one of our RBs tripped on the central logo.

I really don't think I'm making this up. I think it was PJ's freshman year.

I couldnt find the articles about the GT situation exactly, but here is something i found online that applies and shows that maybe im not as stupid as you guys seem to like to imply.

granted, this is related to a soccer discussion, which is probably more affected by the paint when the ball slides across. but, the guy paints fields, he should know

"Being someone who has seen painted stuff on fields up close, I can give you a good reason. Paint on the field makes it slippery, especially if you add moisture. I understand the attraction of fields looking different like NFL teams (not to mention instantly having a clue who is hosting) but I like what MLS has done. It's not too much of an advantage to have a bunch of paint on the field and nobody wants a game decided from slipping on paint.
http://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-311500.html "

There were guys slipping all over the place in the Raleigh NCAA Tournament games over the logo at midcourt.

Seriously, guys, Chan had it changed because one of our RBs tripped on the central logo.

i remember the same thing, and i rememer an AJC or Ramblin Wreck article about it. maybe the article was just prior to the opening game the next year, but i totally concur with Beej, which is why i posted it in the first place

Well I don't think anyone would trip over the big logo if it were Old Gold and not Urine Gold.;)

Using Boise's blue turf as a blue-print (pun intended), I think GT should remove all logos and simply go with an old gold colored turf.

The advancements in using rubber infill for artificial turf since we last had carpet at BDS are really amazing.

That's a poor reason. PJ tripped on several long runs. It was his running style, not the logos. More typical excuses.

I don't remember if it was PJ or not, but whoever it was definitely tripped due to the logo.

I thought it was a dumb reason too, because the other team could just as easily trip on it. I'd call it a homefield advantage, heh. Anyway, I remember it pretty specifically.

I really like the idea of hexagons in the endzone...I just don't want it to look stupid...i.e. something like Oregon's jerseys.

Hell, try it out on one of the practice fields and see what we think of her.

I really don't care one way or the other. I couldn't have even told you that there wasn't a logo in the middle. I don't go there to see how pretty the field looks. I go there to watch football.

Having said that, there was a photo the other day from practice that showed CPJ with a player - Booker, I think. A relatively plain white jersey and a gold logo-less helmet. I know that isn't a change from spring practices of years past, but I was surprised at how good it looked. Most of CPJ's other teams had fairly nondescript uniforms. I wonder if he'd try something like that here once the games roll around.

Back