Wonder If gailey Will Cancel His Call-In Show This Fall...

**DONOTDELETE**

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd
Or perhaps keep the show & not take calls... If he takes calls they will need a 30 second delay with 3 people leaning on the "dump" button...

Anyone know when the show is schedule to begin? It's gonna be a REALLY BIG SHOE !

(If I was in marketing for Goody's Headache Powder I'd buy up all the ad slots)

I can't imagine being in his position - to have to answer questions he knows nothing about. Bee -you mentioned his talk show, what about all these alumni meetings he has scheduled starting this month? Dave Braine as well was suppose to do some and Wes Durham? Can you say, HOT SEAT!!!
Maybe they will cancel them.

What is going to be asked, how are the going to be asked and what can the answer, "everything is under control". "Thank you ladies and gentlemen for coming"! That's not going to cut the mustard this time.

Personally, I would keep the appointments and welcome the questions, if I were in his shoes.

I would want to clear up as many questions as I could.

smile.gif

You are right, MrsT&A.. Those meetings are gonna be barnburners.. I saw the sched, looks like those in the coming week are a ways out of the metro area, tho... Chattanooga, Carrollton & I believe Griffin...(Griffin isn't but if you live 0n the north side its probably a 2 hour drive if you attempt during rush hour)

I don't know if they will cancel them but doubt they will have a "happy hour" before.. (50-100 fans with liquid courage in 'em prob not a good idea at this point)

Either way, starting tonight the rubber meets the road..

Originally posted by ahsoisee:
Personally, I would keep the appointments and welcome the questions, if I were in his shoes.

I would want to clear up as many questions as I could.

smile.gif
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I agree, do you really think that's going to happen? Somebody has to take it on but I don't see it happening. The 'in the dark' mode is the environment of the day. Somewhere along the line money contributors are going to have to open up these doors - they have the clout.

Aso, if you have a slightly balding, short-cropped red wig & speak without looking people in the eye you may get work as a chan impersonator for these meetings..
smile.gif

MsT&A, I have trouble visualizing chan actually handling the tough questions too... I picture these booster club meetings being like the video we've see of Saddam standing up on a rooftop, waiving his right arm at the masses and firing off a rifle into the air with his left...

Btw, did you make the festival, if you did how was it & was there any food of particular note?

smile.gif

Originally posted by BeeBad:
MsT&A, I have trouble visualizing chan actually handling the tough questions too... I picture these booster club meetings being like the video we've see of Saddam standing up on a rooftop, waiving his right arm at the masses and firing off a rifle into the air with his left...

Btw, did you make the festival, if you did how was it & was there any food of particular note?

smile.gif
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Lamb, browned potatoes, peta, pasticho, baklava, kourabethes, kouralakia, rice pilaf ... lots and lots!! I

I love going to this and enjoy the comraderie with other Greeks! The music was great and it brings back wonderful memories. Bought some food to take home - will be gone tonight!!

Major jealousy here, I love that food!.. Helped sis & bro-in-law move this weekend so didn't make it over..

No Phinikia?

Bee(want us to see you as)Bad, why not have the interest and guts (unless too far away) to attend such meetings and stand up courageously and face this man, Chan Gailey.
If you are too far away, why not write him? why so much of this "behind the back stuff"?
Shoot, I could stab anyone from behind a message board i.d...........it doesn't take much intestinal fortitude for that.

Originally posted by techsamillion:
Bee(want us to see you as)Bad, why not have the interest and guts (unless too far away) to attend such meetings and stand up courageously and face this man, Chan Gailey.
If you are too far away, why not write him? why so much of this "behind the back stuff"?
Shoot, I could stab anyone from behind a message board i.d...........it doesn't take much intestinal fortitude for that.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Tech:
I would have NO PROBLEM DOING THIS. I've tried to get an appointment in the recent past, I was told to go to the Associate AD - that's not who I wanted to talk to or express my opinions to. I got the run around and I was only (1) person. I would welcome it and going in MASS!!

MsTech: I agree with you wholeheartedly and respect your candidness. Sometimes we have to work our way up; anyway, you must have the courage to confront or you would not have made the efforts you made......that being said, I still believe there is more room for direct confrontation than is being exercised by many.
God bless you dear lady, you have guts!! Even though we do not see eye to eye many times, you do show OPEN tenacity!!!!!!

There you have it from MsT&A, techs.. all you get is the runaround if you try and see him.. If you have the clout to set up the meeting I'd be MORE than happy to meet gailey face to face and do what I can to help him save his job...

A booster meeting where you get 1 quick shot at a question which he can easily slough off isn't that attractive to be quite honest with you...

BeeBad, I have never had any trouble looking people in the eyes. It has always been one of my strong points to look into the eyes of a person and see deep into his soul. I welcome the opportunity to meet you face to face.

wink.gif

MsTech: I agree with you wholeheartedly and respect your candidness. Sometimes we have to work our way up; anyway, you must have the courage to confront or you would not have made the efforts you made......that being said, I still believe there is more room for direct confrontation than is being exercised by many.
God bless you dear lady, you have guts!! Even though we do not see eye to eye many times, you do show OPEN tenacity!!!!!!
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Tech: Like I've said many times in the past, we can agree to disagree but we are ALL here for only one reason - our passion for GT!! You, me and everyone else!! I have never been afraid to respectfully speak my piece!

I can't imagine now I would even be given the time of day, unless I was one of the big dollar contributors. I'm depressed has HeLL!!

I concede!!! However, I do know of certain ones who are ordinary fans who talk to him......and if you are really interested, I will be happy to find out "just how they do it". I am happy that there are those who want to "CONFRONT". If this is really your wish, I think it can be arranged.
Please know that I am (probably) as unhappy as you are, but just feel there are different avenues for expressing that unhappiness. Sorry if I offended you. My apologies.

Ahso, my strong point has always been to look into a person's eyes and see deep into HER soul.. Sorry, not interested...

Originally posted by BeeBad:
There you have it from MsT&A, techs.. all you get is the runaround if you try and see him.. If you have the clout to set up the meeting I'd be MORE than happy to meet gailey face to face and do what I can to help him save his job...

A booster meeting where you get 1 quick shot at a question which he can easily slough off isn't that attractive to be quite honest with you...
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">BB: Clout - the word of the day!!! How about we take all of us here and make that CLOUT by fan committte - I don't mind trying again if I could get others to try with me!! I can only say, at least I would try and give it my best shot!!

I concede!!! However, I do know of certain ones who are ordinary fans who talk to him......and if you are really interested, I will be happy to find out "just how they do it". I am happy that there are those who want to "CONFRONT". If this is really your wish, I think it can be arranged.
Please know that I am (probably) as unhappy as you are, but just feel there are different avenues for expressing that unhappiness. Sorry if I offended you. My apologies.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">You don't have to apologize. I'm not offended - are hearts are all in the same place, we just think and go at it differently. I would be more then happy to try. Suggestions?

Back