Wonderlic scores.....

Nice job by Nat. Does this test measure football intelligence or general intelligence?

CCU,

I got a 48 (or what ever you get when you only miss one, according to my recruiter) during my interview process for Quest Diagnostics and they chased me for weeks afterward.

Many companies use the Wonderlic.

If you guys ever take it, just answer every question you get as soon as you can - then - go back to any that take thought, because most of those questions don't. All questions are the same points, but a lot of people get bogged down on a single word problem and don't finish the other easy answers in the allotted 12 minutes.

The questions aren't hard, but just a 'few' take a bit of thought. Even those are fairly easy, but take a little time. The score is more about decision making than intelligence.

Most of the questions are simple

- a few words that all phoneticly sound the same, but only one is spelled correctly - whuch is it?

- which word of a few doesn't fit in the group?

- A boy and his uncle are fishing - the boy guy catches 4 times as many fish as his uncle. They catch 32 fish. How many did each catch?

- basic math problems with numbers as choices.

etc. etc. etc.

12 minutes are allowed for something like 25 or 26 questions.

FYI for any of you who run across the test later.

- A boy and his uncle are fishing - the boy guy catches 4 times as many fish as his uncle. They catch 32 fish. How many did each catch?

25.6 & 6.4, they was pretty drunk by then, I'm thinkin'. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/drinking.gif

Of all places to make a math mistake. A Tech board.

My mistake.

So... Make that:

- A boy and his uncle are fishing - the boy catches 4 times as many fish as his uncle. They catch 40 fish. How many did each catch?

All I remembered was the 4, the 8, and the 32 until you caught my error.

8 is how many the uncle caught.

8 x 4 is 32, which is how many the kid caught.

32 + 8 is 40.

Thank you fine GT grad for pointing out my poor math. Got it right on the Wonderlic though. It was one of the ones I came back to.

Story remains the same. None are hard, but a few are tedious and designed to crater your time.

Back