Would you consider us a "middle of the conference" program??

Man...what a stance to take by the defensive coordinator. You dang well better not get hurt playing for this guy or you move to the bottom of the depth chart! Kinda makes you wonder if the kids will go all out to make that extra effort doesnt it? In other words, you do anything to take chances, you might get hurt and then you'll lose your starting position and have to re-earn it all over again. Hmm....kinda hard to be loyal to a coach with a stance like that.

Heck we can play em. That would be a win in most years
wink.gif

Oh, yeah, the topic.... It seems to me he's ranking us above "middle of the conference" when he says, "...Indiana, even Georgia Tech." In other words, I'd be willing to play a team even as tough as GT to get a better OOC schedule.

~Everything Is Beautiful, GA

Originally posted by bellyseries:
Frankly, 2Bigs, your previous avatar was more...um...satisfying.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Yea, as much as I appreciate Daryl Smith and Key Fox's presence on the football field, the young lady in your avatar was a very nice touch to your post.

Originally posted by bellyseries:
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Yea, as much as I appreciate Daryl Smith and Key Fox's presence on the football field, the young lady in your avatar was a very nice touch to your post.

Quote by Belly:

Like I asked earlier, which of the two avatars would you prefer getting hit in the mouth by?
tongue.gif

At this point, we have nothing to say to prove otherwise. We are a middle conf. team. Hopefully, we'll do no worse than that this year.

Keep an eye on Goldtimer's post on The Hive to make sure he is not using it now!

wink.gif

Realistically a "middle of the conference" team is what we have been for most of the past 40 years.

How many years have we legitimately competed for a conference title since Dodd retired, not that many.

We may aspire to be more thna that, but the results say we largely are a "middle of the conference" team.

RamblinRed

Actually the coaches thoughts on Tech was exactly what I would expect for a guy looking for games -TO WIN.We have a big name nationally traditionaly and some recent,last 5 yrs,success but we may have peaked.So they gets the "name" victory but at not much risk playing a struggling middle of conference team.
We have to prove that the NCSt and Va games are the norm and not the UGa and Fresno debacle.
CG making the change at QB may be an indication he is getting AHEAD of the curve rather than behind like it looked.

AlaGold.

I hope you are right on getting ahead of the curve in the area of making changes. It is to all of the Tech family's advantage if Gailey does succeed. It is not good to change out coaches every year or two.

I am like most of the posters on Stingtalk, I am just waiting to see what happens. I rated myself as a HC2 on a recent rating. One thing I have been encouraged about are his changes.

He does not appear to be afraid to make changes. He changed some players around last year that proved to be successful. He has removed BOB, made various positional changes on the staff, given Bilbo and opportunity in the Spring and then made a gutty decision there, etc.

Whether all of these moves proves to be productive or not, he has not flinched when he made them. Normally, that is the sign of a good manager. We will have to wait and see how they pan out.

Father Time

I would say we're a middle of the conference type of program. In the ACC I think we have 7 MOR programs. FSU is at the top, Duke at the bottom and then the rest of us. We constantly rise and fall in that pack, sometimes one being up and sometimes another. But nobody but FSU has built and sustained anything. It's real easy to point to UVA, or MD or NCSU right now, but it was just as easy to point to UNC or Clemson or us a few years back. Until somebody other than FSU can sustain something we're all in the same boat.

Back