Would you take a chance on...

For the good of every level,of football, we should all work to keep Lane Kiffen out of athletic employment altogether - on the field, up in the box, or broadcasting. That way, we relieve everyone of the "Lame Kitten" virus and can provide his spouse housing in any of our spare bedrooms... :naughty:

The folks above who say no would have also said no to Dabo when Clemson hired him. In fact, a lot of them were making fun of Dabo as recently as last year.

Kiffin has a lot of the qualities that we need at GT. GT has recruiting obstacles. We need a HC that is a born salesman/recruiter. Like Kiffin. Like Dabo.

This is the 21st century, not 1965. The HC needs to be a CEO. The coordinators--not the HC-- need to be the X's and O's guys.

Would I hire Kiffin at GT? Not as HC, for other reasons--he's not CEO material. But he is closer to what we need than is the current administration.

The folks above who say no would have also said no to Dabo when Clemson hired him. In fact, a lot of them were making fun of Dabo as recently as last year.

Kiffin has a lot of the qualities that we need at GT. GT has recruiting obstacles. We need a HC that is a born salesman/recruiter. Like Kiffin. Like Dabo.

This is the 21st century, not 1965. The HC needs to be a CEO. The coordinators--not the HC-- need to be the X's and O's guys.

Would I hire Kiffin at GT? Not as HC, for other reasons--he's not CEO material. But he is closer to what we need than is the current administration.

Kiffin and Dabo are different kind of CEOs. Dabo seems to be open to hiring star coordinators and letting them get the credit for the offense and defense.

Kiffin kept on calling the offensive plays and it didn't work out.

CPJ obviously does the same, but he has a track record of offensive success (till now, and hopefully it will continue.)

I'm going to give the OP the benefit of the doubt and assuming he's not talking about for GT next season.

I'd hire Kiffin in a heartbeat if I was a non-BCS school. I'd have a hard time justifying hiring him at a BCS school, unless it's a perennially bad team that might as well be non-BCS.
'

Based on what? His horrible record at Oakland? His midnight run from Tennessee? Getting beat by us in the Sun Bowl?

'

Based on what? His horrible record at Oakland? His midnight run from Tennessee? Getting beat by us in the Sun Bowl?

NFL ties, recruiting, and coaching talent. He is a good (not great) coach -- what he did at USC was actually not bad at all, given the scholarship limitations he was working with.

I think he's a decent BCS level coach who a lot of BCS schools will pass on due to his off-the-field issues, which will allow some non-BCS school to get a better coach than they normally could.

He apparently didn't have the respect of his players at USC and even according to one report broke down crying in the locker room after a loss. The guy is a douche living off his fathers name to get jobs. HELL NO!!

I would definitely take a dump on Lane Kiffin.

Oh...you said chance...no.

He's already shown an inability to beat Georgia.

Wat?

He promised that he would never lose to Georgia and kept it.

In fact, I think had he stayed at Tennessee things would be going his way. He jumped into a bad situation at USC. Should have seen the sanctions coming, Pete sure did.

Not a lot of beautiful people at Tennessee games. Lots of beautiful people at USC games. I am sure Kiffin's honey wanted to get back to USC and live in the modern world. I like Tennessee. Enjoy going to their games. But, Knoxville is not exactly the type of place a Kiffin style wife would want to live out her days.

Back