Would you?

Would you root for uga, knowing that a Tech win will keep CPJ?

• öööö no.

• Yes, think about the bigger picture.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Akinji07

Moderator you deserve
Staff member
A friend and I got into a little heated discussion about Tech football today.

Friend: I'm worried CPJ is gonna win 5 or 6 more and maybe miraculously beat uga or something and we'll be stuck with him.
Akinji: Why is that a bad thing? We wanna beat uga, we do want wins.
Fr: Think about the big picture man.
Ak: Out of my whole life as a sports fan, I never once rooted against my own team just so we could get rid of a coach.
Fr: How long ago did you come to America? Ak: Why does that matter?
Fr: Just tell me.
Ak: I came to Tech in 2002.
Fr: I've been a Tech fan for 30 years and I'm telling you Tech had better coaches than this. We used to recruit better than this.
Ak: How many games have you gone to in the last 5 years?
Fr: I could only make it to the Clemson game in 2014.
Ak: Didn't you go to Georgia State?
Fr: Yeah, why does that matter?
Ak: Because when I went to Tech, they taught me to always hate georgia. If you're gonna root for them to get rid of a coach, you're not really a Tech fan.
Fr: That's dumb. I want championships, you just wanna beat uga.
Ak: I want both, but I would never root for them, especially not against Georgia Tech.

Would you root for uga to beat Tech, knowing that a Tech win will probably keep him here until the end of his contract?

it's impossible for GT to win championships without beating UGA. This man's point is invalid.

A miserable piece if öööö and I got into a little heated discussion about Tech football today.

MPOS: I'm worried CPJ is gonna win 5 or 6 more and maybe miraculously beat uga or something and we'll be stuck with him.
Akinji: Why is that a bad thing? We wanna beat uga, we do want wins.
MPOS: Think about the big picture man.
Ak: Out of my whole life as a sports fan, I never once rooted against my own team just so we could get rid of a coach.
MPOS: How long ago did you come to America? Ak: Why does that matter?
MPOS: Just tell me.
Ak: I came to Tech in 2002.
MPOS: I've been a MPOS for 30 years and I'm telling you Tech had better coaches than this. We used to recruit better than this.
Ak: How many games have you gone to in the last 5 years?
MPOS: I could only make it to the Clemson game in 2014.
Ak: Didn't you go to Georgia State?
MPOS: Yeah, why does that matter?
Ak: Because when I went to Tech, they taught me to always hate georgia. If you're gonna root for them to get rid of a coach, you're not really a Tech fan.
MPOS: That's dumb. I want championships, you just wanna beat uga.
Ak: I want both, but I would never root for them, especially not against Georgia Tech.

Would you root for uga to beat Tech, knowing that a Tech win will probably keep him here until the end of his contract?
Fixed

I would actually consider extending CPJ another decade if it meant perhaps only winning one single game each of those 10 seasons, as long as that single victory was against the mutts. Now the caveat would be "You may win ONLY ONE SINGLE GAME some of those seasons, in fact several of those seasons, but that game will be against uga."

"Consider" being an operative word here.

Well, looking at the poll results, I think it's time for the ban hammer to drop.

I would root for Armageddon over uga. öööö, I lobbied my wife to let us name our son Nicksaban when he was born a week after the miracle at MBS. Seriously, no Tech fan would ever root for Georgia in anything, especially AGAINST Tech? That is blasphemy. Anyone who attempts to rationalize that is a simpleton.

Would you root for UGA knowing a Tech loss would cure cancer and end world hunger is the only possible poll and even thats suspect.

GTConvert has obviously not been converted.

I'm suspect of the relevance of some of these cited Bible verses.

I'm gonna stick with a classic: Ecclesiastes 3... "For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven: ... a time to love, and a time to hate." The Saturday after Thanksgiving is the time to hate.

Back