Wow...I just realized that we only play ONE game over almost a month...

The Jacket

The Coat
I disagree that it will take us out of our rhythm. We've just won three straight and have 2 weeks to work and prepare mentally for the game against Maryland. The players know what this one means and how big it is. If we come out on top this Thursday, we will have all the momentum needed to for the rest of the season, despite the bye week immediately aftewards.

Enjoy the game Thursday folks, it's the last game at BDS until November 15.

Jacket

I hope you're right....Its just a loooooooong time between games. It could make the UMD game all the more important....We'll just have to wait and see I guess

I actually kind of like it...

Reggie can make use of more practice time and
we get more game file on our opponents over
that time. We can also heal up a bit.

Originally posted by Gold Rush:
This can't be good for continuity. What a weird schedule we have this year.

The last game was on Oct 11, and there will be only one game played between then and the Dook game on Nov 8.

Its probably great for general health matters, but geezz - I honestly believe that every team gets in a groove regarding practice schedules and game prep...This will definitely take us out of that rhythm...

Maybe it will end up being a good thing due to our lack of depth, but overall, I think its way too much time between games - We shall see...
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">If we were playing anyone other than Duke on 11/8(followed by UNC on 11/15), I might agree with you.

As for the first "bye" weekend, we're playing on a Thursday night so there's only a couple of extra days, not enough to be concerned about. Maryland is also playing with the same amount of time off.

This can't be good for continuity. What a weird schedule we have this year.

The last game was on Oct 11, and there will be only one game played between then and the Dook game on Nov 8.

Its probably great for general health matters, but geezz - I honestly believe that every team gets in a groove regarding practice schedules and game prep...This will definitely take us out of that rhythm...

Maybe it will end up being a good thing due to our lack of depth, but overall, I think its way too much time between games - We shall see...

Back