Wow - New locker rooms ? I didn't realize this..Question:

Gold Rush

Flats Noob
Wow - New locker rooms ? I didn\'t realize this..Question:

Where in the heck are the new home locker rooms ?
I somehow missed this one (?)...

Also, just curious, what happens to the "old" locker room space - anybody know ? I've been down there, to the 'old" locker rooms and I always thought they were really awesome - apparently the new ones are unbelievable (and a great recruiting tool).

Any info ?

Re: Wow - New locker rooms ? I didn\'t realize this..Question:

check out this link. it has answers to some of your questions.

-web page-

Not really. but you reminded me of the OLD locker room. The rat infested dungeon under the East stands.
During the first part of the reno project these were demolished, and bits and pieces were sold off.
In my office I have proudly hung a piece of ceramic tile that was part of a wall. Good memories!
smile.gif

LLcool

Man, I remember that one as well - it was AWEFUL....Bobby Dodd took my brother and me around that place one day before a game - I couldn't believe how lame it was.

I was actually referring to the one under the edge - the one used since the edge was built (very impressive IMO)

Anybody know where Gaileys office is ? I am guessing its adjacent to the "letterman's lounge" or whatever that anomaly is (that weird looking area) over in the eastern part of the north stands (?)

Rush, I know I was off topic. Just couldnt resist.
I too, was not aware that the Edge Locker room was redone. I will look into it. Thanks for bringing it up!

Rush, I think you're talking about the "T-Club" that I believe is going in over there. It's the only place I know of that will offer the view of the field described in the article

Hey Axe

Just curious.....I thought the reason we had such a strange configuration over in the NE corner of the North stands was because of the "need" for the lettermans club......You're saying thats now CG's office ?

if so, where exactly IS the lettermans club/lounge ? Presumably not facing the field (?) - do you know how to gain access (my dad will want to know ! )

Thanks

Gold Rush,

I believe the letterman's club is in the suite area between the lower and upper north. The letterman's club is not why we have such a weird configuration. The Homer Rice Center and Edge are the reason for this. That section that comes down on the east side of the Upper North is built on top of those buildings. Chan's office which was going to be the letterman's club only takes out about 6 rows of seats.

stadium3.jpg

GoldRush,
I go to the games with a man who played (and lettered) in basketball for GT. Lettering and paying the dues are the only criteria to my knowledge.

In fact, at the BYU game last year, one very obnoxious and drunk former football player was sitting behind me in the stands and wanted more beer (which is served in the lounge.) He went and talked to Lucius Sanford (who directs it and is always out in front of the steps that led to the entrance) or whoever sits at the table and lets you in and found out how much it would be to join and get his friends in as guests. He came back to his seat, hit up all his friends for the money (enticing them with the lure of free beer) and went and joined and presumably continued his drunk.

In other words, if he lettered at GT (not just football) he can easily join. It's pretty neat to meet and talk to some of the old-timers.

Axe
Thats the best pic I have seen yet of that area - many thanks

I assume thats Chan's office with the glass, adjacent to the overhang part of the stands ? (man, I don't know if I'd want my office that close to UGAG fans etc
wink.gif
---> am I correct there?

Plus, I didn't even realize that there was anything between the upper and lower stands - previous pics I have seen didn't really capture that as your pic did - awesome !

SpellingBee - yea, I know what you mean...My dad played FB back in '49/'50....He always comes to games where they are having one of the various functions for lettermen, and I get to hear the same stories I've been hearing for over 40 years! But I love seeing all those older guys remember the glory days under Dodd - it always does my heart good - and I never get tired of the stories!

Gold Rush, what was your Dad's name?

Thanks

Father Time

The glassed in area is where the coach's office is located. O'Leary had that made a part of the plan, not Gailey. I know that for a fact. I have seen the new locer rooms but back in March. They weren't near complete, but it was obvious they were roomier than the ones in the Edge. The training facilities will stay in the Edge, where they were, but I'm not sure what will be done with the dressing rooms over there.

I like that the article stated Gailey is gonna do most of the play calling. I don't think GOL was capable of that task. The head coach's office is awesome. Maybe that'll help us retain a head coach for a while.

As I understand it the letterman's lounge was originally going to be that in that glassed area in the north stands overlooking the field. However, the plans were changed and that is now Coach Gailey's office. The letterman's new lounge is actually a big suite between the lower and upper north.

The new locker rooms, football offices, and player lounge are underneath the new north stands.

Hey AHSO -

I sent you an email - let me know if you don't get it for some reason

Back