Wow, Tech predicitions lop-sided...

BeerNutts

Not a Noob
Looking at the predicitions for Tech and UConn, everyone but 2 people have Tech covering the 23 points, and of those 2 people, one has Tech winning by 22, the other by 21.

Pretty one-sided, and it kinda worries be seeing all that optimism. Not sure why, I just get a bad feeling when I see something like that....

don't forget that one of the nonbelievers on Tech covering the spread is a UGA fan. i love to see all that optimism--bubble just keeps getting bigger for the day in the very near future when it will burst.

Originally posted by Dore-Dawg:
don't forget that one of the nonbelievers on Tech covering the spread is a UGA fan. i love to see all that optimism--bubble just keeps getting bigger for the day in the very near future when it will burst.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Hello, Pot....I'm Kettle.

I picked GT to cover the spread handily. I also am sticking by my 8-4 prediction on the season. I don't think that the "bubble" is stretching to think that GT can pound a team a few years removed from the 1-AA level. Put me down as a fan that realizes that we could play well against Clemson and BYU and still be 2-2 heading into Chapel Hill on the 28th. Both Clemson and BYU are winnable games, but not unless we come ready to play from the get go.

<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Sounds like you need to get out of that bubble. Why does it take Ugag fans so long to realize that. If you were a Tech fan, you wouldn't have to get your bubble busted every year. Every year since 1980, all you hear is "This is the year of the Dawgs". If you take 2002 minus 1980, how many times have we all heard that? Pretty close to 22 times! I would guess that "IF" Techs bubble gets busted, Its not going to be near as big of a bust as Ugags will be "WHEN" it burst!

Hey Dore, How many times has your bubble been popped being a puppy fan?

You do make a very good point though in all honesty. Seems that when fans get all high and mighty............POOF.......reality sets in.

<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I'm sorry - I don't think this is a case of being unrealistic. We're playing a team that is a couple of years removed from being 1-AA. If our predictions are similar for the Clemson game, then you can bring your bait back out.

Originally posted by ContactBuzz:
I'm sorry - I don't think this is a case of being unrealistic. We're playing a team that is a couple of years removed from being 1-AA. If our predictions are similar for the Clemson game, then you can bring your bait back out.[/QB]
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I'm not saying these predictions are out of line. I actually don't feel real strong about my prediction for this game, but I just knew that everyone would be predicting GT to cover and UConn gave BC a scare, so I thought this might be a good game to gain some ground (I'm coming after you lawbee)

And as far as UGA not living up to expectations yet again, my expectations have already gone considerably down after the Clem. game. Our passing game looked horrible. Hope the cliche about improving the most b/t games 1 and 2 holds true, or we are in trouble with our schedule.

Yep I said before the season started UGAg would have four or five losses this year. Looks closer to being a reality after watching that dreadful first game.

Sure Clemson put up a good fight but they did have the eight ranked defense in the ACC last year
wink.gif

I, for one, am ALWAYS concerned about the next opponent. This game has worried me for a while. I am not an expert on UConn' team by any means. I often bet underdogs playing 'name' teams at home against the spread. Also, the Vandy game did not convince me a great deal: I really think Vandy was that bad..

That being stated, this game might get ugly. If you look at the rosters, you might find a huge size, depth and speed advantage for the Jackets. I like the coaches and the demeanor of our team.

Our defense figures to be difficult for their team to score on.

When we are on offense: if they really intend to play 8-9 guys in the box, we are going to be forced to look outside or downfield against man coverage. We cannot utilize a ball control rushing oriented game plan, as you typically might against an undermanned opponent.

If we get up big early and they continue to keep 8-9 guys in, we will have to keep looking deep. I hope we will play a lot of guys; but I honestly expect that our second team and whatever third teamers we take on the road may be competitive in size, speed, and possibly even experience with the top players on their roster.

I hate to say this, but I really think we may humiliate them. I don't think UConn is going to roll over; but if you look at their aggressive play on defense: this game could look like the Navy game last year.

This will not be a game... dont forget that there are 65 guys going up there that are still upset about the way last year played out... I know anything could happen, and that UCONN gave BC a scare... but tomorrow will not be a game...

I too am worried about Clemson and BYU... both have looked good... we could very well be 2-2 after those contests...

Dore-Dawg... dont fret about UGAG.. there is still a good team in Athens.. dont be surprised if both Tech and Ga meet in Nov with 8-3 records... but Ga is not SEC Championship material, expect to get waxed by Tenn...

Originally posted by jacketguy:
Dore-Dawg... dont fret about UGAG.. there is still a good team in Athens.. dont be surprised if both Tech and Ga meet in Nov with 8-3 records... but Ga is not SEC Championship material, expect to get waxed by Tenn...[/QB]
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">That's the problem. 8-3 isn't good enough when we have this much alleged talent. I'm not giving up yet, but it certainly doesn't look promising. I'm not ready to give up on David Greene yet either, but he looked last week as if he had a bad case of the Chris Simms syndrome.

The fourth down call worries me b/c it doesn't look like our coach has learned anything from his screwups last year. To quote that guy from Apocalypse Now, "his methods have become unsound" and his command needs to be terminated "with extreme prejudice."

I am afraid you could be right.. Greene didnt look good... the QB position could turn out to be a real thorn for you all this year...

I didnt like the 4th down call either.. it worked.. but I didnt like it... (and of course, was hoping it would fail !!)

The 4th down call was stupid. Head coaching seems to be a real stretch for the guy.

Back