WOW...

If we have any more OL injuries, it will get ugly.
The players are clearly bigger but we lack an arm in the backfield and wr’s that can get open.
I love this team though! It is what it is.

Personally, I think Graham is our an but that’s just me. The wr’s will get better each week with more and more reps and game action. I think we have some good athletes there, they just are in a learning curve right now

I agree, although I think we are better now than we were at any time last year
Have to disagree there. No way that team we saw on the field today would've won the Miami or UVA games last year, unless our D pulled out a Hurculean effort.

BS. One thing that should be obvious already is that this team has received more defensive coaching in 2 games than they did the entire tenure during CPJ. Our defense actually plays aggressive and, for the most part, disciplined defense.

And offensively, at least we're disciplined. We've had very few penalties on either side of the ball and that is a direct reflection of coaching.

And let's not forget that this team under Collins got a win vs USF. We did not accomplish that last year under CPJ.
I agree the defense looked good today... but when that QB ran for forty yds on 3d and long from his own 5 (or whatever it was), it really felt like we'd been Roofied.

To me, this is the biggest overhaul. We didn’t recruit body types on the line for long arms and athletic tuck, two things very important for pass pro. Only time can fix this.
True
The backs CGC inherited have to learn a new system but they were learning a new one to begin with. They’ll be fine whatever the scheme
The 3 QBs, and Yates, played in offenses more like what they are going to play in. They weren’t under center 3O guys in HS
The two biggest deficiencies are OL and it’s complete makeover and DL and how little experience returned. The secondary for the most part is as good or better than projected. Juanyeh, Tre and Tyriq very well could be NFL players

I agree the defense looked good today... but when that QB ran for forty yds on 3d and long from his own 5 (or whatever it was), it really felt like we'd been Roofied.
D played well
But USF also sucks. It takes some doing to get shut out these days and they bageled at home the week before

Back